Sex 19 a sticky pleasure,
WHAT A FANTASTIC HAUL!

Oh, Colin.

What? What did I do? What...

Hawkmumbler

.....Would you like some kleenex?

Hawkmumbler

Anyway, this weeks haul....

Wilds End #6 is set to wrap up what has been a fantastic mini-series. I'll deffinetly be picking up the collected edition as this represents some of DAbnett and INJ's greatest works. Wars Stories #5 should be mire fun but utterly nonsensicle action serials from Garth Ennis. Honestly, thought admitedly not the best thing on the stands it's still a damn good series and I'm enjoying it anyway.

Doctor Who 11th Doctor #8 is highly anticipated on my part. Though I went in with minimal expectations a few mo ths back this has quickly gone on to become a favourite of mine. Doctor Who written well is the best sci-fi around.

Weekly Shonen Jump #11 has a new run of Jump Starts beggining this week Psyren auther Toshiaki Iwashiro returns with a new title Kagamigami. One frustrating scene aside (Psyren was fanservice lite and that scene asn't in the pilot so I canon nly assume this was editorial demand. Fuck) I enjoyed it. But on the other hand MY HERO ACADEMIA CONTINUES TO KICK ARSE!!!

The Adventurer

DIGITAL PULLS FOR THE WEEK OF 02/11/15

2000 AD 1917 - Finally catching up on January. SAVAGE has turned to complete shit after years of at least being okay, I'm not sure I care about ORLOK at all, ULYSSES SWEET is just kind of there, and JUDGE DREDD DARK JUSTICE is a bit more of a slow burn then I expected. But THE ORDER is the most radical kind of genre mash-up that I love. Kek-w is an under utilized treasure.  Bring back SECOND CITY BLUES!!!

ASTRO CITY 20 - This arc about Quarrel and Crackerjack has been STUPENDOUS.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 269 - Ever since Archie comics jumped up to $3.99 (with no price drop) its been harder and harder to keep up with this title. Its good, but not $4 good. Honestly I've been just keeping up in anticipation for the Summer Mega Man crossover.

TECH JACKET 8 - I'm really digging this series. Great action, great characters, epic scale, and not afraid to surprise the reader.

WILD'S END 6 - Sad that this wonderful series is over.

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP 11 - Chapter 1 KAGAMIGAMI was EXCELLENT. I'd actually forgotten about the pilot One-Shot last year, and the restart was just as entertaining. Skeevy fanservice bits aside... I really like the main characters, especially since the girl detective appears to be the POV character. I hope this one gets to stick around. MY HERO ACADEMIA is also radical as fuck. I can't believe it took 30 chapters to get added to the line-up. So frustrating.  The rest of the upcoming Jump Start new series previews all look like they have potential.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Just the three aside from the prog and meg for me this week, 18/02/15....

Dark Horse Presents 2015 #7 pulls the title back from the brink of dropped thanks to a smashing line up that includes Mignola on Hellboy, McCarthy on Dream Gang, and Aragone on Groo. This is set to be a phenomenal issue indeed. Meanwhile, I get a second helping of Groo this month with Groo Friends and Foes #2. Adored the first issue and slowely coming to adore the series as a whole. Utterly charming.

Meanwhile, in the Weekly Shonen Jump #12 we have two new Jump Start titles. Boys Over Flowers Season 2 is not my kinda shabang but from what i've read it's not really offensive in anyway. I wish it success with it's fanbase is all I can say. Somewhat worryingly Black Clover despite having a strong sense of comedy and timing, feels like just about as generic a shonen series you can get. Kagamigami is rather fun and the fanservice has vanished entirely. So far it's got my vote to stay. My Hero Academia, Toriko, One Piece, and Gakkyu Hotei are all absolutely on fire as well.

Hawkmumbler

And i'n the absence of One-Punch Man (sobs) I have discovered Murata has a twitter. And it's amazing! Check out how he draws a T.Rex to look like and blue tit and it's completely believable!

https://mobile.twitter.com/nebu_kuro

Mardroid

Latest issue of Batman:Endgam issue 4.

Rather good, but I was a bit lost as it's been a while since I read the previous issue and i've forgotten some of the things that happened.

Also working my way through Nikolai Dante: Love and War. Good stuff so far.

Colin YNWA

I've talked about GMozz's latest work of wonder elsewhere so on with the rest of the haul...

Lets cut to the chase with Dark Horse Presents 7 or 200 if you will, cos its gone, baby gone. Not anywhere near enough in each issue to justify the outlay, with some advert, or half decent shorts, the odd okay ongoing and only the very odd bit of greatness and that with an extra couple of stories with this over-sized issue.DHP is no 2000ad.

I think I need to read Doctor Who 11 #8 I loved last issue but for whatever reason this didn't gell wth me and I honestly think that has more to do with my reading of it and so it deserves another go when it gets the chance. I'm not massive on Garth Ennis' War Stories 5 which I don't know if this isn't about GEnn having War Storied once too often. This ongoing is leaving me very flat to date, but I still remain hopeful GEnn will turn this one around.

Lucky all else is good in the world of haul. There have been two comics of late that have really captured what I love about fun high octane adverture comics one was the recent Parker  n Shaner Flash Gordon series and Cyclops (10) is the other that both brilliant comics seem to have had very short runs justr goes to show how out of touch I am! Damnit!

Lazarus 15 cranks it up to 11, brilliant comic as is FBP 18  but comics of the haul is Autumnlands 4 - I bloomin' love this series... lets hope it lasts!

The Adventurer

Speaking of DHP, Dark Horse just put every issue, including 200, on sale for .99 cents on their digitial store. I used it as excuse to get caught up with all 7 issues of volume 3.

First issue was a a decent mix. But I'm increasing convinced that Geof Darrow may not actually be that good of a comic creator. Sure his artistic skill is exceptional, but he doesn't really do anything truly interesting with it. Just rehashes the same images over and over again, then calls it a 'story'. I will say the Big Guy & Rusty story was marginally better then the issues of Shaolin Cowboy I read last year.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 February, 2015, 08:23:47 PM
Speaking of DHP, Dark Horse just put every issue, including 200, on sale for .99 cents on their digitial store. I used it as excuse to get caught up with all 7 issues of volume 3.

At that price it would be worth keeping up with... not that thats realistic!

Hawkmumbler

Yummyyummy comic book day is nearly here again! So looking at my pulls this week....

Zorro/Django #4 looks to be another rollocking good western high-fantasy with plenty of action and superb art courtesy of Esteve Polls. One of my favourite titles in my current pull lust as it doesn't chew on the crossover fodder and just goes for a Two Guns type afair by bringing two western heroes trying to achieve a mutual goal.

Cyber Force #11 kicks off the third arc. I got caught up on a digital sale not long ago after having read the first volume sometime ago. A massivly enjoyable series with some real highquality sci-fi. Meanwhile Doctor Who 12th Doctor #5 looks continue what has been a fantastically fun series and a fine pairing with the 11th Doctor title. Still haven't read either of the 9th or 10th Doctor Titan comics though....

Weekly Shonen Jump #13 gives us Cyborg Roggy and it was.....pretty damn good. Even if the opening chapter did remind me of the first chapter of Fist of the North Star with added glam. So thats good. Plus One-Punch Man returns and has a guarantied chapter next week (!!!!!!!). As I mentioned last week, all the regilar weeklys are on fire.

Assasination Classroom vol.2 continues the insanity of the first and god I'm loveing this piss take of the all too common classroom based manga. Such a brilliant series, in many way's it's manicness makes it to the Jump what Zombo is to the tooth. Thats a good thing by all accounts.

And finaly I get my mits on Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Phantom Blood vol.1. Those colour pages look lovely I might add. Such a shame I have to wait 3 months for the next one.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 February, 2015, 06:35:11 PM
Zorro/Django #4 looks to be another rollocking good western high-fantasy with plenty of action and superb art courtesy of Esteve Polls. One of my favourite titles in my current pull lust as it doesn't chew on the crossover fodder and just goes for a Two Guns type afair by bringing two western heroes trying to achieve a mutual goal.

I don't know why I wasn't more interested in this its Matt Wagner (isn't it) and I LOVED his Zorro... I guess the whole cross-over thing doesn't work for me but having heard good things about this I might trade it... ouh or I could go digital.

Hawkmumbler

It is indeed a Wagner an Tarantino co-writen series. I'd strongly reccomend either picking up the previous issues (I believe, being Boom!, they have decreased in price) or trade waiting. It's good stuff.

And just a side note to this week's My Hero Academia. Endeaver is gonna be the big bad guy. Calling it now. But god this series is FUN!

BPP

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 February, 2015, 08:23:47 PM

First issue was a a decent mix. But I'm increasing convinced that Geof Darrow may not actually be that good of a comic creator. Sure his artistic skill is exceptional, but he doesn't really do anything truly interesting with it. Just rehashes the same images over and over again, then calls it a 'story'. I will say the Big Guy & Rusty story was marginally better then the issues of Shaolin Cowboy I read last year.

Have to disagree with you. Last years Shaolin Cowboy struck me as a very smart play on comics formalism and reader expectation with a unique structure that used the serialised format to construct a unique 'tension'. To summarise:
Issue one - traditional set up
Issue two - wtf all fight no plot development
Issue three - all fight but the 'ending' of it (via numbers reducing) becomes clear
Issue four - massive tension as to who will win and then...

SC 2014 was a great comic and its panel lay outs where, at times, completely conventional and well placed, countering the idea that all Darrow does is tableaux. The very worst you can put at him is that his lines are so rich that you stop the flow of the read to draw it all in but he's hardly unique in that.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IronGraham

Went to Smith's and picked up titans uk doctor who comic
We're werewolves not swearwolves