Main Menu

Battle for Case Files

Started by Marbles, 24 May, 2007, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Someone (hopefully Rebellion) needs to print some old Battle stories in the Case Files/Essential  format :-

Johnny Red's Log Books ?

Darkies Mob Diary ( a one-off sadly)

Even Charley's War - I mean the art would suffer obviously but there never going to reprint the whole the thing in the premium hardback format are they ? So an Essential reprint makes sense.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Byron Virgo

Rebellion don't own the rights to Battle - Egmont does. I know Chris Smillie was talking about a possible reprint of Johnny Red, which I'd dearly like to see, and Garth Ennis would be a shoe-in for an intro - perhaps even John Cooper could be persuaded to provide a new cover.

JOE SOAP

It would be a better bet if it was a limited print like the excellent Doomlord collection.

Byron Virgo

You mean limited in terms of the number of stories reprinted? Because size-wise, I believe David had to get more than 1000 Doomlords printed.

paulvonscott

Well, he did get 1000 Doomlords or more printed, but I don't think that's neccessary.  Though it may have been the best deal he could find.

Byron Virgo

Well, I believe that was part of the deal with the Dan Dare Corporation - Egmont might be more leniant, but presumably they want to see a certain number of copies out there.

maryanddavid

It was 2000, The DD corp were not flexible on that point.
The problem with doing a short print run like I have done is that your page count will never be big because of print cost. If I did a Johnny red collection like the case files at a print run of 1000 it could cost 60 or 70 quid. Not many fans at that price!

David

JOE SOAP

I think dvds are really the way to go with this stuff, a far lower cost and on a made to order basis.