Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannco

Hi all. Is there a reason why the 2000ad ultimate collection books don't have the release order number on the back covers like the Judge Dredd mega collection books have? Just noticed this recently and wondered why?

athorist

Quote from: Cannco on 30 April, 2019, 09:41:36 PM
Hi all. Is there a reason why the 2000ad ultimate collection books don't have the release order number on the back covers like the Judge Dredd mega collection books have? Just noticed this recently and wondered why?

Probably because the order within any series is fairly obvious (except for The Horned God and the revival Stront books), and they all have the stickers when you buy them.

I couldn't find anything on the mega collection books that showed a back cover with a number, though. But I only found one.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Neil C

Quote from: Cannco on 30 April, 2019, 09:41:36 PM
It's there. It's the last 2 digits of the barcode number.

moldovangerbil

Any subscribers received 43 and 44 yet?  Or more unlikely, received any kind of sensible explanation about why they've been delayed?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 02 May, 2019, 09:23:53 AM
Any subscribers received 43 and 44 yet?  Or more unlikely, received any kind of sensible explanation about why they've been delayed?

Not only have I not received these books yet but Hachette kindly cancelled my Marvel graphic novel collection because they had a parcel returned to them. Did not bother to email me or tell me in a letter. Just cancelled it.

Aren't they just great.

Tomontherun94

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 02 May, 2019, 09:23:53 AM
No explanation but my account finally shows them as being sent out on the 26th along with an opt-out letter for the 3rd cover special

IndigoPrime

Mine was reportedly sent on the 19th, which means they should arrive by tomorrow – although I'm not counting on that, obv. No explanation was given as to why there was yet another delay.

sintec

Blimey are we already at the next cover special!

Question is will it be inline with the first one or more like the second one which was comparatively a poorer effort.  It had smaller pictures, with all the cover furniture compared to vol 1 which had full page art without all the logos and barcodes.  I was also disappointed with Vol 2 repeating covers that had been used as bonus material in the Mega Collection.

I'm not sure I can be bothered with Vol 3 tbh.

leethomson

Quote from: sintec on 03 May, 2019, 02:31:27 PM
Question is will it be inline with the first one or more like the second one which was comparatively a poorer effort.  It had smaller pictures, with all the cover furniture compared to vol 1 which had full page art without all the logos and barcodes.  I was also disappointed with Vol 2 repeating covers that had been used as bonus material in the Mega Collection.
Don't worry! I had a whinge at them after being disappointed with volume two, and they told me "We will forward your complaint on to the team" so I'm sure it will be fine!

abelardsnazz

I collected Rogue volume 3 from the Thrill-merchant this morning, hopefully SinDex 2 was just a glitch. Contents are Eye of the Traitor to Milli-Com Memories, which along with Matt Smith's intro stating the next volume covers 1984-85, suggests there'll only be room for the original run up to the Jose Ortiz stories. It'll be a shame if Cinnabar isn't included, as aside from some future shocks (hopefully), and pending any announcement of an extension, John Smith's work is a glaring omission from this collection.

Tomwe

sintec

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 08 May, 2019, 01:02:51 PM
I collected Rogue volume 3 from the Thrill-merchant this morning, hopefully SinDex 2 was just a glitch. Contents are Eye of the Traitor to Milli-Com Memories, which along with Matt Smith's intro stating the next volume covers 1984-85, suggests there'll only be room for the original run up to the Jose Ortiz stories. It'll be a shame if Cinnabar isn't included, as aside from some future shocks (hopefully), and pending any announcement of an extension, John Smith's work is a glaring omission from this collection.

Wasn't Milli-Com Memories in the last volume?
Do you mean Eye of The Traitor to Message From Milli-Com?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 08 May, 2019, 01:02:51 PM
I collected Rogue volume 3 from the Thrill-merchant this morning... Contents are Eye of the Traitor to Milli-Com Memories, which along with Matt Smith's intro stating the next volume covers 1984-85, suggests there'll only be room for the original run up to the Jose Ortiz stories. It'll be a shame if Cinnabar isn't included...

Aye, if the next book covers Just Routine to Return to Milli-Com (end of the Finley-Day run) then it's got the same page-count as volume 3. We know Rogue is getting 5 volumes of the UC though, so hope remains for Cinnabar...!
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

I stand corrected on two counts. Brain must have had an attack of Thrill-suckers due to missing issue 44.

Jade Falcon

I still wish there were less Slaine, but that's just my personal opinion and I think I'm in the minority here.  I wish there was the potential for more Savage than has been printed in the Rebellion trades already, I have the Invasion book and the two subsequent ones.  By the description given in the Wiki entry there's still quite a bit to go.

Also, I am surprised that Flesh isn't on the schedule.  Granted, I read books 1 and 2 a while back and it hasn't dated terribly well.  Also surprised that there isn't a Harlem Heroes reprint.  Again I'm not bothered personally as I picked up the phonebook sized edition to get Inferno as I had the extreme edition with the complete Heroes.

VC's is another one I'm surprised isn't getting printed, but I guess Rogue Trooper and Bad Company fill the future war niche.  I have all of VC's and thanks to a kind poster here I got the two floppies to wrap up the story.

Can someone perhaps answer a question?  I have the Rogue Trooper book Realpolitik, and the Extreme Edition with Cinnabar.  The Realpolitik book seemed to have stories that were a 'darker' style than the original.  Was this the sum total of that run of Rogue, or was there more of that type.  I know of the 'Galactic Hitman' era which isn't what I'm talking about.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov