Main Menu

Rogue Trooper News…!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 January, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I can't believe you're such a shower of racists.  Fortunately I'm above saying things like 'Stak! There's a leek in my chemsuit!'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 January, 2024, 07:22:37 PMCharacter ideas for the upcoming Welsh Rogue Trooper epic: Captain Cardigan, a bio-chipped armoured vest - voiced by Max Boyce, who knows, because he was there. Lieutenant Llandovery, a bio-chipped Land Rover - voiced by Shirley Bassey, who has the chassis. Brigadier Brecon, a bio-chipped beacon - voiced by Tom Jones, because he's loud. Lieutenant Llanrhystud, a bio-chipped thing - voiced by Terry Jones as Pepperpot Woman.

And Ruth Madoc as Gwener Bluegenes.  (I know it's the wrong strip but - "Hi-De-Hi-Ex!")
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

What's everyone's hope for the storyline?
We know they are going down the massacre and traitor route but as fans we know this could easily be put into at least 2 films if not 3. There's so many side missions to track the traitor down I really don't think a 1 and done film would do the story justice.

My hope is there's a decent first film but the traitor just gets away and leaves it open for films 2 & 3

I also don't want to see the traitor unless he's disfigured.

Finally I don't want anymore than 3 films if it follows the massacre/traitor arc.

But that's just my wishes

What's yours?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 01 February, 2024, 08:28:27 AMI really don't think a 1 and done film would do the story justice.

They're going to stay true to the original — they'll keep churning out films until the franchise has completely run out of steam, then they'll do a gritty reboot, then they'll try and mash the gritty reboot into the original continuity until no one either knows or cares what the hell is going on...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 February, 2024, 08:59:31 AMThey're going to stay true to the original — they'll keep churning out films until the franchise has completely run out of steam, then they'll do a gritty reboot, then they'll try and mash the gritty reboot into the original continuity until no one either knows or cares what the hell is going on...

:D

I'd like to see the traitor general escape too, although I'd be surprised (and pleased) if there's a sequel. The best ending for me is Rogue heading off into the Warzone like David Carridane in Kung Fu / The Littlest Hobo in search of a new general-hunting adventure.

And if its Welsh Rogue Trooper, I'm devastated we missed the chance to have Windsor Davies as Major Magnum.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

DaveGYNWA

I'll tap it into the open-goal...

Nu-Port
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 February, 2024, 08:59:31 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 01 February, 2024, 08:28:27 AMI really don't think a 1 and done film would do the story justice.

They're going to stay true to the original — they'll keep churning out films until the franchise has completely run out of steam, then they'll do a gritty reboot, then they'll try and mash the gritty reboot into the original continuity until no one either knows or cares what the hell is going on...

Nooooooo I don't relish a trip to Fort Neuro (or Horst)

norton canes

Guessing it'll be a kind of greatest hits of the GF-D era stories - chem-tents and giant tanks to set the scene, flashback to the Quartz Massacre, some Brass and Bland, then perhaps onto Fort Neuro (or the British sector, at least) and possibly into the Ozarks before a climactic final reel on Milli-Com.

sheridan

The Green, Green Gas of Home.

As for the film - it's not a well-known internationally famous franchise, so planning a three-film arc might not be the wisest of ideas.  Concentrate on the best one-off they can - though perhaps leave it open for potential sequels - the TG dies, but it's in a flaming shuttle and we don't see the body, so disfigured TG can appear in the next film.

Personally I'd love to see Fort Neuro, so not sure how well it would translate - though I'm all on board for robo-runners!

rogue69

I would like it to like the GFD Rogue either starting with the Quartz massacre and then Rogue helping Southers until he finds out about the Traitor General

IndigoPrime

I'd like it to be one-and-done. I'm fed up of so many franchises saying they're mapping out a trilogy. I mean, the news of 28 Years Later just landed and they're already talking about that being two or three films. Why? The first one was a great standalone. The second... wasn't. But it was self-contained. Just tell a story and wrap it up. If the world is interesting enough to continue with, tell a different story.

Rogue has lots of scope. So surely within 90–120 minutes, they can have a start, middle and end. That doesn't mean at the end everyone celebrating the end of the war. Rogue walking off into the hellish mists of Nu-Earth seems a fitting ending (obvs, as someone else inferred, to The Littlest Hobo theme tune). But I'd hate to see "come back in two years for the next episode that might not actually happen because it all depends on whether this one makes money".

Le Fink

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 February, 2024, 10:34:08 AMI'd like it to be one-and-done. I'm fed up of so many franchises saying they're mapping out a trilogy. I mean, the news of 28 Years Later just landed and they're already talking about that being two or three films. Why? The first one was a great standalone. The second... wasn't. But it was self-contained. Just tell a story and wrap it up. If the world is interesting enough to continue with, tell a different story.

Rogue has lots of scope. So surely within 90–120 minutes, they can have a start, middle and end. That doesn't mean at the end everyone celebrating the end of the war. Rogue walking off into the hellish mists of Nu-Earth seems a fitting ending (obvs, as someone else inferred, to The Littlest Hobo theme tune). But I'd hate to see "come back in two years for the next episode that might not actually happen because it all depends on whether this one makes money".
Hear hear. I'd like a proper ending to the movie.

Having said that, a TV series of several separate adventures of Rogue wandering Nu Earth would work well too. Standalone film followed by TV series please!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Le Fink on 01 February, 2024, 11:26:18 AMHear hear. I'd like a proper ending to the movie.

Having said that, a TV series of several separate adventures of Rogue wandering Nu Earth would work well too. Standalone film followed by TV series please!

A type of "clone wars" series called Tales from Nu-Earth where you don't have to have Rogue in every episode