Main Menu

The Manga Studio Q&A Thread!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 27 November, 2012, 03:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: DoomBot on 23 May, 2014, 10:59:53 PM
I upgraded to MS5 EX and I've been messing about with it. I was initially quite excited about the new colouring brushes, but the more I play the more realize that they're really laggy compared to PS5. Especially large brushes with texture on a zoomed out canvas. It's painful.

Does anyone else find this to be the case? Any tips for speeding things up? My PC is no slouch and PS5 is blisteringly fast so it's a software not a hardware issue I think....

Very belatedly: if you go into Preferences and under Cursor change 'Delay for stabilisation' to 'No Delay' everything should speed up noticeably. There's still a lag on long continuous brush strokes, but you should still see a difference.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

kevhopgood

Anyone know where the "add jitter" button is in Manga Studio 5 ? I've been using Manga Studio along with Ray Frenden's brushes to ink "Man from the Ministry". It's completely replaced Painter in my work flow.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: kevhopgood on 21 August, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
Anyone know where the "add jitter" button is in Manga Studio 5 ? I've been using Manga Studio along with Ray Frenden's brushes to ink "Man from the Ministry". It's completely replaced Painter in my work flow.

Click on the three little dots next to 'Brush Size' and then turn on the 'Random' option — just fiddle with the slider to adjust the amount.

Cheers

Jim

kevhopgood

Thanks for that. Another cool feature!

Darren Stephens

Not sure if this is of interest to some folks here....? http://lazynezumi.com/

"Lazy Nezumi Pro is a Windows app that helps you draw smooth, beautiful lines, with your mouse or pen tablet.

It works with many of your favourite art programs, including Photoshop and Flash."

Been messing around this afternoon and it seems pretty good, though really, I suspect a lot of what it does could be achieved within the settings of MS itself.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 31 August, 2014, 08:05:25 PM
Been messing around this afternoon and it seems pretty good, though really, I suspect a lot of what it does could be achieved within the settings of MS itself.

Yes — with MangaStudio (not Photoshop, though, unless they've changed in the CC versions) you can adjust both the pressure response curve and the amount of stabilisation (correction) on a tool-by-tool basis. There are also settings to make your stroke taper in and out, both of which are independently adjustable for each tool.

Cheers

Jim