Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodigal2

I never knew that gay people had super-powers. Wow.

Radbacker

Polatics schmolatics, we dont realise how feeble our poblems are in Stable places like OZ and the UK, all I can say is don't be in Thailand at the moment, which I am hope they don't close the airport before Monday when I'm due to fly out :(. One bonus i suppose ive Never seen a real tank until today

CU radbacker

Theblazeuk

Professor Bear

Things is only stable in Oz if you're a honky.  If you're an Aboriginal, the government is (still) stealing babies that can pass for white and then selling them.  In the UK, one of our own boarders has been booted out of his home for daring to suggest that two arms of the same government should talk to each other rather than have him jump through hoops just so they can give themselves money - perhaps this is what Nigel means when he says no-one wants to live on a street with Romanians, he meant actually living on the street?

As an afterthought: stay safe, Radbacker.

COMMANDO FORCES

That's my X's put in their boxes and dear God what a massive list of candidates on the European paper. Had good fun reading about them, funniest was the Harmony Party, as they are anything but!

Can't wait to see what happens as the results come in through the night. Something to listen to while at work, as the parties come up with their excuses/reasons as to why they didn't do so well, or better than expected.

Steve Green

I'm pretty sure the results for the Euro elections won't be announced until Sunday - but I guess we'll see the others soon enough.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2014, 04:31:31 PMThat's my X's put in their boxes and dear God what a massive list of candidates on the European paper. Had good fun reading about them, funniest was the Harmony Party, as they are anything but!

I had to google "An Independence from Europe" Party when I got home — turns out that one of the things they're outraged about is the metric system. Nice to see they've got their priorities straight...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 21 May, 2014, 10:54:49 PM
What is TTIP

Thanks to listening to many impassioned rants by Jello Biafra in the nineties, I know that it's basically NAFTA. Biafra's big beef with NAFTA was that its terms allowed a foreign bio-tech or pharmaceutical corporation to sue a signatory nation because that nation's legislation concerning clinical trials and consumer safety prohibited the sale of the corporation's products (on the grounds that they hadn't been tested properly or had been tested and found not to meet the safety standards of the host nation).

The basis on which the corporation would be able to sue the nation which prohibits the sale of a medicine or product it considers unsafe or unproven would be the corporation's right to profit.

Steve Green

Does the Harmony Party lobby for more Scalextric?

TordelBack

Whole lotta vote splittin' goin' on.

You have to love the English Democrats - I'd hate to see what their regional meetings are like.  "I'm Kentish - I'm not English or British or EUropean or Human".  I suppose if one was to pursue their line of reasoning far enough we might arrive at a place where we agree.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 May, 2014, 04:56:23 PM
I suppose if one was to pursue their line of reasoning far enough we might arrive at a place where we agree.

Hah. Stuart Lee appears to have had much the same thought.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Quote from: Radbacker on 22 May, 2014, 04:08:53 PM
Polatics schmolatics, we dont realise how feeble our problems are in stable places like OZ and the UK. All I can say is don't be in Thailand at the moment, which I am. Hope they don't close the airport before Monday when I'm due to fly out. One bonus, I suppose; I've never seen a real tank until today

Nasty - remember, curfew's 10 pm. Say what you like about the state of UK democracy, at least we manage to make it from one general election to another without Philip Hammond parking his tank up on the green outside Westminster and declaring martial law. I determined the fate of continental Europe at 7:38 am this morning, and if any of you peasants haven't registered your opposition to my will by 10pm tonight I don't want to see you on hear moaning about EU or UK politics again.

ZenArcade

Just voted at St Bart's on the leafy environs of the Stranmillis road. There was a lovely tiger striped tabby lolling about in the entrance....would have voted for her anyday, instead voted as ever for the anti-nasty party ticket, which doesn't work any more caure they're in control. How did it come to this.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Theblazeuk

I did mine weeks ago, you're all slow.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I just popped to the primary school across the road to cast my vote, although the first voter card they sent me was for the same polling station as Zen, which is miles away, for reasons best understood by our local petty bureaucrats. Loads of election posters have popped up on our street overnight. They really are an ugly lot. Luckily for them, I don't vote on their appearance, I vote for the party(s) which weren't founded/based on sectarian xenophobia and bigotry. This severely limited my choices.
You may quote me on that.