Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Quote from: Apoceclipse on 15 September, 2016, 02:11:53 PM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 15 September, 2016, 06:40:43 AM
"Get out of here with this childishness"

Yes, Apoceclipse; quite obviously I'm the silly one here for questioning the  validty of your dubious claims!

This is your reply? To all of that? Look at the focus. EGO.

Get past the personal bit - you are taking shots, what do you want. You wouldn't even admit it. PSH

Ego be Fucked! You came here making fantastic claims about how you've been brainwashed and made to eat Human skin! When myself (and others) have posited questions you respond with "none of you get it"!

To quote some guy whose name I can't remember - "Fantastic claims require fantastic evidence!".

The bottom line is that I don't believe you and you are not doing a very good job of convincing me otherwise! If you wish to prove that I'm wrong then go for it! If you want to keep making fatuous references about Ego then I would suggest that you don't. It doesn't help you case!
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

von Boom

I've been trying to follow this thread, but I think I'll wait for the SyFy film of the week.  :crazy:

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Woolly

Jim_Campbell

I refer the honourable gentlemen to my (apparently contentious) remarks of several pages ago.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

At the risk of tripping a few landmines here I would like to offer a few observations about the general direction of the conversation at present.  This is more about the general nature of military personnel.

Sociopathic personalities tend to be largely discouraged as they tend to lead to events such as Abu Graig.  Those who are selected for special services (and here I have only limited experience of colleagues who chose such service) tend to be largely controlled in their responses as they need to be under high stress situations.

I would be interested, and quite possibly will at some point in the future with the current trajectory of my studies, to learn more about trauma induced control methods.  What I do know at present, and this is partially from personal experience, is that it is more likely to generate conditions such as Unstable Personality Disorder or Bipolar disorder.  The effects of such conditions tend to be unhelpful for special forces.  A dramatic example might be Michael Biehn in Abyss.

This is not to say that at some point in the past the military in this or other countries did not experiment with such notions.  The big problem is that so much of what we believe to be fact has been grossly distorted by the popular media.  I guess we have Mulder's maxim to fall back on here.

Apoceclipse

Quote from: NapalmKev on 15 September, 2016, 02:37:27 PM
Quote from: Apoceclipse on 15 September, 2016, 02:11:53 PM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 15 September, 2016, 06:40:43 AM
"Get out of here with this childishness"

Yes, Apoceclipse; quite obviously I'm the silly one here for questioning the  validty of your dubious claims!

This is your reply? To all of that? Look at the focus. EGO.

Get past the personal bit - you are taking shots, what do you want. You wouldn't even admit it. PSH

Ego be Fucked! You came here making fantastic claims about how you've been brainwashed and made to eat Human skin! When myself (and others) have posited questions you respond with "none of you get it"!

To quote some guy whose name I can't remember - "Fantastic claims require fantastic evidence!".

The bottom line is that I don't believe you and you are not doing a very good job of convincing me otherwise! If you wish to prove that I'm wrong then go for it! If you want to keep making fatuous references about Ego then I would suggest that you don't. It doesn't help you case!

To be fair, that is not an accurate assessment, I took the time to answer most of your questions quite thoroughly...

Try responding to a particular part of my reply, instead of bunching it all together and shooting a short remark. I took the time for a serious reply.

Notice how I afford some people/comments respect.

Ponder on that.

I really dont care if you beleive my claims. To think that MKultra methods simply stopped, is very naive.

Apoceclipse

Quote from: Woolly on 15 September, 2016, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: Apoceclipse on 15 September, 2016, 01:42:05 PM
If you are just looking to talk shit on here...

My Irony-Sense is tingling.

Fair enough, but look at my posts, and the timeline, and how some people and comments received different type of responses. Do you think that is random? I admitted several times that I overcompensate, and am sensitive. I do not lash out for no reason, however...

Apoceclipse

Quote from: Tjm86 on 15 September, 2016, 08:47:16 PM
At the risk of tripping a few landmines here I would like to offer a few observations about the general direction of the conversation at present.  This is more about the general nature of military personnel.

Sociopathic personalities tend to be largely discouraged as they tend to lead to events such as Abu Graig.  Those who are selected for special services (and here I have only limited experience of colleagues who chose such service) tend to be largely controlled in their responses as they need to be under high stress situations.

I would be interested, and quite possibly will at some point in the future with the current trajectory of my studies, to learn more about trauma induced control methods.  What I do know at present, and this is partially from personal experience, is that it is more likely to generate conditions such as Unstable Personality Disorder or Bipolar disorder.  The effects of such conditions tend to be unhelpful for special forces.  A dramatic example might be Michael Biehn in Abyss.

This is not to say that at some point in the past the military in this or other countries did not experiment with such notions.  The big problem is that so much of what we believe to be fact has been grossly distorted by the popular media.  I guess we have Mulder's maxim to fall back on here.

DDNOS is the goal. A very 'blended' type of DID...

I would learn about dissociative disorders, and visit SURVIVORSHIP, SMART, RAINFO, and places like that. You'll learn alot, if you are interested.

If you have trouble I I'll provide links.

I'll probably provide links later, anyway - on the phone, out and about - at the moment...

Woolly

Oh go on then, I'll chuck you another biscuit... ::)

Quote from: Apoceclipse on 15 September, 2016, 08:57:42 PM

Fair enough, but look at my posts, and the timeline, and how some people and comments received different type of responses. Do you think that is random?

Do I think the responses and opinions of other boarders are random? Um... no.
No idea what you're getting at with 'the timeline'.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever it is you think you're going to achieve by ranting on a UK comics-based forum. For what it's worth, I hope you pick up a copy of 2000AD at some point and find something worth obsessing over.*

*Not that it did Thryllseeker any good... :-\

Apoceclipse

Quote from: Woolly on 15 September, 2016, 09:12:58 PM
Oh go on then, I'll chuck you another biscuit... ::)

Quote from: Apoceclipse on 15 September, 2016, 08:57:42 PM

Fair enough, but look at my posts, and the timeline, and how some people and comments received different type of responses. Do you think that is random?

Do I think the responses and opinions of other boarders are random? Um... no.
No idea what you're getting at with 'the timeline'.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever it is you think you're going to achieve by ranting on a UK comics-based forum. For what it's worth, I hope you pick up a copy of 2000AD at some point and find something worth obsessing over.*

*Not that it did Thryllseeker any good... :-\

I think hypocritical, or double standard would be more accurate than ironic...

Timeline: order of events/forum posts. I didn't 'come out swinging '. I am responding. A lot of the time, I am mirroring people's attitude. For example, with the ignoring comment that everyone took so seriously. Even though some should know - I am not even able, with a new account.

I have a 2000AD comic. Thanks.

So you are suggesting that I obsess over that, instead of the well-being of children? I understand that you may think I am full of shit, and that is fair, but don't expect me to be happy about it, I simply return the rude attitude.

Ive stated why I am here, clearly you are not briefing the actual content of what I wrote. People see and hear what they want to I suppose.

Also, I spend time actually replying to others questions, even if laced with insults, I still do not get my questions answered...

Remember what I said... even if you think it is BS, if you are not 100%, and it pertains to the well-being of children etc. perhaps it would be wise and respectful to tread lightly.

blackmocco

Quote from: Apoceclipse on 15 September, 2016, 11:28:04 PM
Ive stated why I am here

Hmm. Have you? I mean this most sincerely, but why are you here?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

GordonR

Quote from: blackmocco on 15 September, 2016, 11:44:39 PM
Ive stated why I am here

An excellent question, but I think he's already answered it.

He's said he wants to protect future prosoects from suffering the same things he's suffered at the hands of the US government.

So, obviously, the best way to do this is spending hours and hours a day fighting a flamewar on a forum dedicated to a UK comic that until very recently he'd never heard of and has absolutely no interest in.

Apoceclipse

Quote from: GordonR on 16 September, 2016, 12:06:07 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 15 September, 2016, 11:44:39 PM
Ive stated why I am here

An excellent question, but I think he's already answered it.

He's said he wants to protect future prosoects from suffering the same things he's suffered at the hands of the US government.

So, obviously, the best way to do this is spending hours and hours a day fighting a flamewar on a forum dedicated to a UK comic that until very recently he'd never heard of and has absolutely no interest in.

So you have read some - but still continue to poke a stick, like a little kid. I have not spent that much time, and mostly, I converse while sitting in horrible traffic, or as a passenger on the road, or otherwise - multitasking, not really spending much additional time.

We get it, you are sarcastic. Very sharp one, you are.

I spend plenty of time and resources actually helping people. Your sarcasm and lack of knowledge regarding my personal/business life does not take away from that.

The initial reason I came here, was to get answers about the blatant plagiarizing/accuracy in the Monarch:Greysuit comic. Then of course, to help sharpen my skills conversing, and raise awareness. I see the focus has fallen on me, and not the subject matter. I am not too worried about it - I am still getting something from this.

I hope people like your sharp witty comments, I mean, man - you are a really cool funny guy, eh? I hope YOU get something, other than fans realizing you have no respect (euphemism), which I have received more than 1 private message, talking about you already. HAHA. So in part, you are probably hurting your sales/image. How is that for ridiculous. I am sure you don't care, and it makes little difference, but is still accurate.

Like I said, take all the personal shots you want, but if you are not 100% about a situation, that affects children etc... maybe shut up, and stick to writing fiction. Just because YOU make up stories, doesn't mean everyone does. Once again, if you all think the MKultra methods just stopped, I don't know why you would come to that conclusion...

Carry on

Apoceclipse

Say Gordon, can I book you for an event? I'll fly you out and cover expenses, what is the $$? eh? PM me... eh?