Main Menu

Best wishes to Dan Abnett

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 August, 2020, 07:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dan Abnett our favourite writer without intials JW has left a public post on Facebook letting folks know he's had a ruptured appendix and is in hospital. He seems in good spirits, based on this post and comfortable BUT maybe he's like us to extend a little more love and respect given that since we last lauded him he's co-created another top thrill.

I do wonder if he's pretending so he appears more human rather than the unstoppable writing machine he seems to be BUT if you post anything you'd like me to pass on to Dan please drop a note here and I'll send him a quick e-mail.

broodblik

Dan I wish you a speedy recovery from the southern point of Africa. Your writing is one of the reasons why this lock-down period is made much more easier. I cannot wait each week to read your wonderful stories.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Dan, you have been one of my favourite writers for a lot longer than it is really polite to mention. All the best with your recovery and best wishes to your family.

Dave off of Zarjaz!

wedgeski

McGurk76

TordelBack

Hi Dan, your work has been a joy to me for many years now, despite (maybe because of) the excruciating puns, and I believe you have about 37 ongoing series to get back to writing so I'm wishing you the speediest and most comfortable of recoveries. All the very best to you and yours!

IndigoPrime

I can only hope he gets well soon, and that the other dozen or so Dan Abnetts don't feel the loss too much when they're writing new scripts.

I, Cosh

Thanks for the thrills and all the best for a speedy recovery. I sincerely hope you wont need an a-pun-dectomy.
We never really die.

Richard

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've never experienced a ruptured appendix, but my wife has, and her tales of it are legendary. You have my sympathies, sir, and sincere hopes that they deal with it quickly and you're back on your feet in no time. All the very best to the justified winner of the Godpleton Cup!

Steev

Magnetica

karlos

My heart goes out to you, Dan.

Stay safe and get well soon.

norton canes

Best wishes Mr Abnett, here's to a full and speedy recovery.

Trooper McFad

All the best and Get well soon Dan
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

DrRocka

Get well soon Dan!
And if you need something to occupy yourself while you're lying around doing nowt, you might as well scribble out another book of Kingdom. Just to keep busy, like.
Never ever bloody anything ever