Main Menu

Alan Moore

Started by eternalchampion86, 18 April, 2006, 06:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternalchampion86

Does anybody know if Alan Moore runs a comic shop somewhere in Northhamptonshire? or is that just a rumor?

Wils

IIRC, the rumours about the beared one running a comic shop are pure hearsay, but he *does* own a chippie in Long Buckby and a taxi firm in Daventry.

petemaskreplica

Yes, but it's a magic comic shop, and when you open one of the comics in it you're transported to a realm of adventure and wonder....

Oh, hang on, I'm mixing him up with Mr Benn, aren't I?

Buttonman

I heard he owned the chippy until the Health & Safety told him to remove the tomato shaped ketchup dispensers. He then disowned the chippy and signed it over to the counter assistant, whilst being in a big beardy huff.

Rosso

He wrote a great 'comic shop' story for the eagle years ago. In which an unscrupulous comic shop owner who rips off a customer is punished by being sucked into a horror comic by a huge tentacle.

Funt Solo

There's a beardy wizard man that runs Future Shock in Glasgow.

I can't figure out his pricing system, though.  The 1979 2000AD annual is under a fiver, whilst one of the Titan Nemesis books is priced at ?60.

---

On the topic of Moore, I've just finished reading the first two collections of Top 10, and he's a genius.

Special mention to Galactpuss, and the crisis crossover continuity sub-plot.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

TordelBack

Sadly Funt, those are also the *last* two Top 10 collections (that are worth reading...), and while I would heartily recommend 'Smax' and 'The '49ers', they just aren't quite as good. And DO NOT touch the recent non- Moore 'Beyond the Farthest Precinct' book.  It tastes of vomit.

Satanist

"There's a beardy wizard man that runs Future Shock in Glasgow."

GOD how I hate that shop! He stuffs all his comics into ill fitting shelves and then charges a bomb for them.

And don't get me started on the man himself!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

+rufus+

He's running guns fer the Taliban last I heard.
 He's a fanatic y'know.

Funt Solo

I did think it started to coast a bit after the climactic battle that closed the drug-dealing investigation in the second collection.

Funt Solo

"GOD how I hate that shop! He stuffs all his comics into ill fitting shelves and then charges a bomb for them."

He he.  Yeah, he prices something at ?60 and then leaves it on the floor to be trodden on.  A true disciple of Khaos!

When I was a sprog, he used to give me a row for browsing for too long.  "Are you actually going to buy something?"  Snooty arse.

Grant Goggans

I heard he shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Devons Daddy

i heard he had bought rebellion,saying something about finally being able to get rid of that bloody comic.
he is a fantastic writer isnt he.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

word is.  he will be playing Hagred in the next harry potter movie.

the watchmen is still one of the finest graphic novels ever written.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

eggonlegs

Devons dad the voice of reason