Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Once again superb!

Can''t remember many others in colour?

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 May, 2020, 01:56:44 PM
Once again superb!

Can''t remember many others in colour?

No, it's a short list!  Simon Davis, Ian Gibson, Jonathan Edwards and Boo :)

Bolt-01

Ay Caramba! That's cracking.

ming

Forgot to post this earlier but here's an absolute cracker from Laurence Campbell :D

Jim_Campbell

Amazing. Always a little highlight in the day, when there's an update to this thread. Thanks for sharing, Ming.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 August, 2020, 12:24:50 PM
Amazing. Always a little highlight in the day, when there's an update to this thread. Thanks for sharing, Ming.

Before the Russian spam-bots arrive, here's another, Jim!

Somehow I neglected to post this ages ago - a bit obscure and not an obvious 2000AD link but I'm really happy to have persuaded Peter Pound to get involved in my loony scheme.  I first ran into his work while in Australia in 1989 when I found a copy of Cargo Zombies, and more recently his design work on Mad Max: Fury Road blew me away completely.  The 2000AD / Fury Road force is strong in Project Sketchbook: Brendan McCarthy, Mark Sexton, Peter Pound and there's a book now in the hands of Tony (Riot) Wright...

http://www.peterpound.com.au/ 

Colin YNWA

Yeah have to say this is one of the great threads here. When it pops up ever now and then its a fresh and exciting treat! Some lovely additions there.
That Laurence Campbell looks to be right at the back of one of those sketch books of yours. Is one almost finished?

Bolt-01

That's what I was going to say too. Is this book almost on its way home?

ming

One book is full once Glenn Fabry gets back to Belfast and takes care of business; another is being finished off (I think) by Dan Lish.  The last two books (with Dave Kendall and Tony Wright) just have a few pages each I think...   After a mere 9 years, it's getting there!

Colin YNWA

What are you  going to do when they're done!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 August, 2020, 02:32:33 PM

Get his felt tips out and colour in all the B&W ones, obviously.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 August, 2020, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 August, 2020, 02:32:33 PM

Get his felt tips out and colour in all the B&W ones, obviously.

Hah!  So tempting!  (And might be fun to do digitally for some of these - did anyone see Staz Johnson's Rogue Trooper cover mock-up recently? Simple but devastatingly good...)

ming

Tony Wright (Riot), not having drawn anything for comics for 30 years, very kindly agreed to do something in one of the books.  While this is not really 2000AD-related, it's a lovely Bob-Booth's-just-around-the-corner kind of piece...

Bolt-01

really chilling that this looks like it could actually be a Bill Watterson piece, especially the graphitti. Astounding.

Also - seeing the alpha further upthread and reading that Laurence is drawing a S/D tale for the end of year prog - I wonder if we are getting a tale set in the Starlord years?

Proudhuff

What a joy this thread is, must be a total delight to leaf through these!
DDT did a job on me