Main Menu

New Prog

Started by Buddy, 29 July, 2002, 10:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

siku'a art looks like he's been sick on the page.

VERY poor!!

Link: http://www.ximoc.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.ximoc.co.uk

Devons Daddy

a shared feeling here.
 im not  a fan of his stuff, and normally not a critic of any artists but sicko just does not cut it for me.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Actually, while I'm normally against Siku's art, this seemed to work pretty well.
Having said that, the penultamate page was a little hard to follow, a problem that I'm sure any other artist would not have caused.
Better set your phaser to stun.

John Caliber

There was a time when only the cream of British (and Spanish!) artists were allowed to draw Dredd. Now it seems as though any hack with five minutes to spare is hauled in. Just thank your lucky stars Siku didn't draw Sin City or (gasp) Helter Skelter - just how unbearable would that have been on top of a sub-par Ennis script?

OT, I'm still puzzled why Henry Flint isn't drawing lots more Judge Dredd apart from the Big Finish CD covers). His style is perfect for the job - he gets assigned every series except Dredd these days ... it's like having McMahon drawing Ace Trucking Co or Bolland working on Space Girls (now there's a juicy thought :)

Link: http://www.jdrpg.com/jdss" target="_blank">THE JUDGE DREDD STREET SIM

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Oddboy

BTW, Wowzers! to the flashy new scrolling Ximoc icon!

HiEx

Aghhhhhh.....say it's not true, not Sicko drawing Dredd...NOoooooo!

Actually, the only Sicko drawn Dredd I've read before is Fetish,which I absolutely hated. Sorry, I just do not like his style at all.

I'm all for artistic licence and all that, but characters and their uniforms and equipment should still be recognizable as such.

I'm not saying all artists should have the same identical style. I mean classic McMahon and Bolland, had styles that were as different as chalk and cheese, but the subject matter, in this case Dredd, his uniform, weapons etc were still reconizable as such.

HiEx

HiEx

Right, as the new prog is out already, lets have some spoilers then. And what does the cover look like? It's not on the homepage yet.

HiEx

Mudcrab

Superb Rogue cover by Frazer Irving.

Just for the record, I for one have always liked Siku's artwork. I can see why people hate it but I like it.

One dodgy piece of art is the bottom left panel of Strontium Dog. Tell me that wasn't done in 5 minutes!

Bison seems to have taken an unexpected twist, I'm actually interested now!

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

It is now.

I got 1302 and 4.14 yesterday, but didn't get around to putting them on the site. Something about menus...and then watching 24 and X-Files recorded from yesterday in the evening.

Wake

Link: Prog 1302

Oddboy

BISON SPOILER!

Nothing really exciting so don't worry.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Bison had an exciting twist??  The guy plugs in his RedDwarf Better Than Life console so he can get his leg over!  By exciting twist do you mean it's gone over the edge & is now hurtling downwards at an astonishing rate?  This story goes from Weak! to Lame!
Next week: Bison uses his new sextoy to infiltrate his enemy's dirty dreams in order to catch him.  It'll happen.

Other than that, the penultimate page of Siku's Dredd, it was a pretty darn groovy prog, although I'm not sure Frazer's art was that suited to Rogue, but nevermind it wasn't bad or anything - I just felt it looked a bit... wrong.

Rogue's just little ol' Rogue being rogue: Goodstuff!
SD's getting we?rder & we?rder.
But The V.C.s are my favourite at the moment.  Sheesh I can't get enough of this one!

Mudcrab

Wo there Oddboy! Have a read again. I said "unexpected", not "exciting". I just meant that seems like it's not going to be the tired old bad cop story we thought it'd be. Anyway, I take your point. Seems a bit strange and not nearly as funny as Better Than Life!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

DavidXBrunt

So I'm pretty much the only one who likes Siku, then?

Art

Funnily enough I was expecting it to turn into a shit VR story... it just seemed innevitable.

Oddboy

It seems a bit like Lazarus Churchyard's A Virtual Kiss without the excessive comedy violence/semi-likeable hero.

Marbles

Well I like Siku's art. Loved 'Fetish' and the 'Tales Of Telguth' stuff.

Er, I'll get me coat....
Remember - dry hair is for squids