Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I was charged twice when getting replacements. They then zeroed out the following payment. Contact them on Facebook and alert them to the error.

Arkady

I've not been charged twice for the same volumes. I've been charged for two different pairs of volumes - but both charges have happened within a 21-day period.

IndigoPrime

Ah, right. In that case, I think it's above board. I imagine there will be something in the sign-up terms for the direct debit about scheduling changes (even if Hachette once used "we can't charge you twice in the same month" as an excuse — nonsensical when you realise it's a 28-day schedule, and every month bar one is longer than 28 days...)

Arkady

Yeah it was the 'can't charge you twice in 28 days' excuse which I'd heard from them before, so this threw me a bit. Oh well as long as they turn up.

Jade Falcon

No book in today, so I don't know how much of a possible delay there might be.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

AlanProut

I saw a message on one of the Facebook posts regarding the upcoming delays to the collection for customers who buy from newsagents, bookshops etc, so issue 69 which was due for release yesterday has been put back to 15/04/20, then issue 70 will be out on 06/05/20 and finally issue 71 is out on 20/05/20, hopefully some of the shops that stock it will stay open, my local newsagent has closed so I'll be trying to get mine online for the foreseeable future.

IndigoPrime

They've stated deliveries may slip from four to five weeks as well. Although you'd think if the printing schedule remains, subscribers might actually finally get to catch up with stores again.

sintec

Working my way through a bumper pile of thrillpower as 65 and 66 got delayed in the postal service for "reasons".  Thoughts so far:

Ampney Crucis is brilliant stuff. Trying to take this one slowly so I can savour it. If we're still getting an extension then it needs more Edington tales imo.

Slaine - Carnival was a real low point, that whole story seemed like an incoherent mess and I couldn't care less about any of the characters it introduced.  Gong Beater and Smuggler were both good little short stories though; I kinda feel like Slaine is at his best in these shorter tales rather than the big epics Pat keeps spinning.

Strontium Dog - wow they really wanted to trash Feral, a revenge killing and a brutal one at that. Only half way through and McNulty really is the star of this one so far.

Rogue - this is the only one I've not started on yet.

sintec

Quick addendum to my previous post; Cinnabar is glorious, superb stuff.  Grim, gritty, and action packed.

Trooper McFad

Nikolai Dante 7 just dropped through the door from FP 👍🏻👍🏻 Been looking forward to this for a while.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

levers

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 11 April, 2020, 12:50:26 PM
Nikolai Dante 7 just dropped through the door from FP 👍🏻👍🏻 Been looking forward to this for a while.

Mine too! Also from FP!

Blue Cactus

Yep, pleased to get the latest Dante, also from Forbidden Planet. I'm waiting for the whole lot before a reread though.

Just read all the Rennie Rogue Trooper for the first time since the original progs. Good stuff! Makes me want some more Jaegir asap.

sintec

Yeah I'm hoping for a Jaegir volume in that rumoured extension, the bits I've read have been fantastic.

Jade Falcon

Finally read Ampney Crucis, a bit mixed in places but overall I liked it.  I liked the alternative Steampunk world which put me in mind of Moorcocks Warlord of the Air book with the airships, autogyros and similiar.  The only real complaint is the rather abrupt ending.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

leethomson

Very impressed by many aspects of Crucis, but not so much the very abrupt ending and multiple dropped threads. Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme in some of these volumes, a certain amount of J J Abrams-ing, where much is set up, and then the creators go off and do something else.