Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Trifecta signing - 22nd August - London

Started by Simon Beigh, 05 August, 2013, 01:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Script droids Al Ewing, Simon Spurrier and Rob Williams will be signing copies of Trifecta at Forbidden Planet, London at 6pm on the 22nd August.

More info:
http://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2013/08/22/al-ewing-simon-spurrier-and-rob-williams-signing-j/

COMMANDO FORCES

A Thursday evening and I'm officially on holiday then, interesting :-\

Simon Beigh

Having checked "the diary" (or, as others might call it, "asked the wife") I shall be there in the queue bobbing up and down excitedly. Three script droids in one place, Mr Burdis...

SuperSurfer

Hoping to go to this but there's a good chance I will be stuck at work until very late. Shame it's not on a Saturday.

Simon Beigh

Hopefully see you there, Surfer. The last couple of signings I've been to at FB have been weekday evenings. Fine for London-based desk jockeys like me, but a real pain if you are based elsewhere...

Anyone else thinking of heading along on Thursday evening?

Molch-R

Some late, breaking news for tonight's signing: we'll now be being joined by Low Life art droid Matt 'D'Israeli' Brooker!

Simon Beigh

This is great news! I hope there's enough oil to service all these droids :)

SuperSurfer

I should be ok to make this as long as there are no last minute emergencies at work. If I am late, start without me.  :)

Simon Beigh

Well quite a few people got themselves along to Forbidden Planet, London on a damp Thursday evening. Luckily, we were back down in the basement where the FCBD signing was, rather than queuing outside as we did for the Max Brooks signing. As always, the queue was friendly and time passed quickly chatting. Great to see SuperSurfer and others.

Big thanks to Al Ewing, Simon Spurrier, Rob Williams and Matt 'D'Israeli' Brooker for taking the time to do this and chatting and signing silly things on my stuff. Thanks also to Molch-R and everyone at Forbidden Planet.

And a special big thanks to Matt, who drew me a brilliant sketch of Raptor from XTNCT. If you want to see the finished article, I will post it on to the Commissions thread once I get a decent picture of it.

SuperSurfer

That was a pleasant evening at Forbidden Planet yesterday. Was a pleasure to see the droids and some familiar faces. Was a pleasure to meet you SimeonB (apologies for not responding to your message as I only noticed it today).

As for Trifecta - it has to be one of the most handsome comic books ever. Can't wait to read the stories in this collected format. Well done to all the droids involved – including the design droids who once again have done a sterling job.

Simon Beigh

No idea, fella, but the cheesy-grinning bugger has stolen my sketch... :)