Main Menu

Smiley’s World vs Mutie’s Luck - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 07

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 August, 2021, 06:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Smiley's World vs Mutie's Luck - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 07

What's this?... a mixed bag today! A game from each of the Relaunch and Short Regions to wrap up Group 1 from each of those regions. Will my Spreadsheet survive this messing about??!???!!

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Smiley's World - more info (though not very much!)

Vs

Mutie's Luck - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 14th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Mutie's Luck is for sure a better, neater one-off story - but Smiley's World holds too much nostalgia for me, I love it so.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

Muties Luck introduces us to Billy Glum and the concept of the Milton Keynes Mutant Ghetto.  Smiley's World is a great bridge between two epics, but cant compete with the importance of ML.

Colin YNWA

LAST CHANCE!!! This one is super quiet and you have today to change that. I'll count up in the morning and we'll see what's what.

To be fair though many folks like feel like me. Neither of these thrills has made much of an impression and so I'm struggling to decide. In the end one introduces Smiley's World an important part of Johnny's tale and so on that basis:

Smiley's World

Dark Jimbo

I agree with Leigh. Mutie's Luck a lot more important, so it gets my vote
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 August, 2021, 06:48:04 AM
LAST CHANCE!!! This one is super quiet and you have today to change that. I'll count up in the morning and we'll see what's what.

These tourneys have been great to stimulate conversations on the Forum but I feel I've reached the point where I'm struggling to keep up with what I've voted for and what I haven't. Plus some of these stories weren't that memorable for me, despite probably re-reading most if not all in the Ultimate Collection.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 13 August, 2021, 11:25:06 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 August, 2021, 06:48:04 AM

These tourneys have been great to stimulate conversations on the Forum but I feel I've reached the point where I'm struggling to keep up with what I've voted for and what I haven't. Plus some of these stories weren't that memorable for me, despite probably re-reading most if not all in the Ultimate Collection.

Yeah that's something I've learnt from this one. This format is a step too far. I'll let this play out but I think we won't be having round robin groups in the future, unless I can think of a neater and simpler way to run them.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Another one where the winner of the tie has claimed the group and a place in the play-offs for a place in the final tourney and this one goes to:

Smiley's World

Points      Votes Difference
Smiley's World                6                      5
A Sorry Case                   3                     -2
Mutie's Luck                    0                     -3