Main Menu

Smiley’s World vs Doc Quince Case - Bolt-01 Cup - Play-offs - Short 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 September, 2021, 06:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Ready here we go - this one is easy - it's a straight winner goes through, loser... gets another convoluted opportunity...

Smiley's World vs The Doc Quince Case - Bolt-01 Cup - Play-offs - Short 1

Have at it - they may be small but according to the votes they are the most beautifully formed of the Short Johnny Alpha BUT which is good enough for a final spot?

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

Smiley's World - more info (though not very much!)

Vs

The Doc Quince Case - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 4th September.

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the play-offs here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

Barrington Boots

Tricky this, as it's now straight knockout.
I'm going to have to go with Smileys World, I think.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

Smiley's World is hugely important, but it's really only a small part of a bigger story. Besides, which one would I rather actually sit down and read? Doc Quince Case for a surety - BLAT!
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Colin YNWA

One day to go so get ya votes in.

Tough call this one Doc Quince represents one of the stories that best represents Strontium Dog to me. Smiley's World set up so much that came after and is a fantastic tale BUT ultimately its also more about what it sets up and so on that basis I just give this too

The Doc Quince Case

Magnetica

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 September, 2021, 06:44:25 PM
Quince on toast.

Yuck!

VOTING CLOSED

Pretty straightforward one this. While Smiley's world got its votes it was never really close and in the end a straightforward win to earn a place in the finals for:

The Doc Quince Case

Don't worry Smiley's world fans due to the convulated nature of all this it will get another chance to get to the finals - one last one soon...