Main Menu

Bad Boys Bust vs Gronk Affair - Bolt-01 Cup - Play-offs - Short 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 September, 2021, 06:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Ready here we go - this one is easy - it's a straight winner goes through, loser... gets another convoluted opportunity...

The Bad Boys Bust vs The Gronk Affair - Bolt-01 Cup - Play-offs - Short 2

Have at it - they may be small but according to the votes they are the most beautifully formed of the Short Johnny Alpha BUT which is good enough for a final spot?

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

The Bad Boys Bust - more info

Vs

The Gronk Affair - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 4th September

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the play-offs here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

The Gronk Affair but this one was tough...I could go either way here. Both stories have great/memorable villains too.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

Ooh, real tough one - both stories that I read over and over in the early 'Best of 2000AD Monthlys'. Bad Boys Bust was the first, and has that tear-jerking moment where Johnny wakes up in the hospital, sensing that Wulf is in trouble... but Gronk Affair has those pesky Weerd Brothers getting dispatched in hilarious ways...

Argh, I guess I'm sticking with Bubo and his Bad Boys. I'm a sucker for action scenes on trains, what can I say.

Barrington Boots

Both of these are cool with great villains. The Bad Boys Bust edges it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

Hardest vote yet?! Probably. After much deliberation (I do love the Weerd brothers) I'm going for The Bad Boys Bust, because it was the first full Stront story I ever read, and it really hooked me. Count vote, sap!
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Definitely the harsest vote so far, DJ!

I'm going to go for Bad Boys Bust purely as the controversial lawman eating scene was my introduction to Stront and my first regular prog (195, so part 2)

Colin YNWA

Get ya votes in, get ya votes in. Get ya votes in, get ya votes in... but do it today as I'm counting this one up in the morning.

Arrrrhhh another tough one here. Genuinely these two represent peak Dog for me and are brisk fun tales. In the end though

The Gronk Affair

Is just imprinted on my brain that much more and on that basis gets my vote.

Magnetica

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Gronk Affair got out the blocks strong and seem to have this one briefly - but then those Bad Boys started to pull it back and just kept going. There was then no way The Gronk Affair could turn the momentum around and in the end a place in the finals goes to

The Bad Boys Bust

Fans of dead Gronks fear not one last chance for a place in the fuinals coming...