Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Locke.

I saw this coming up a few times in conversation - I loved it.

Beautifully shot, and great performances.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 January, 2015, 09:34:56 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 January, 2015, 02:22:38 AM
I'm might be just guessing, but the lines between both places might have been a little blurred during the war.......
Everyone speaking German would usually be a pretty clear indication as to which side of the French/German border you were on.
I was going to mention that the reaction of the civilians to (and the subsequent behaviour of) US forces killing the German soldiers in a town should give the viewer an indication of whether those German soldiers are considered an occupying or defensive force. I think Jim's reasoning is a bit snappier.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 20 January, 2015, 10:33:59 PM
Apropos of nothing, here's a clip from one of my favourite films: Planes, Trains and Automobiles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0CuPH7akM

Hope you're not missing the point of that randomly-selected scene, Radiator!

TordelBack

I'm might be just guessing, but the lines between both places might have been a little blurred during the war.......

Everyone speaking German would usually be a pretty clear indication as to which side of the French/German border you were on.

Tell that to the Alsatians!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Emile Zola on 21 January, 2015, 10:04:21 AM
Tell that to the Alsatians!
Depends what war we're talking about Monsieur Zola.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 January, 2015, 10:00:02 AM
Quote from: radiator on 20 January, 2015, 10:33:59 PM
Apropos of nothing, here's a clip from one of my favourite films: Planes, Trains and Automobiles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0CuPH7akM

Hope you're not missing the point of that randomly-selected scene, Radiator!

Was it set in France?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ThryllSeekyr

You know I wasn't paying that much attention really to details, but some time they were German, French or American.....

I was kind of zoning out at the time.

It was the beginning of our summer and I still pretty much have to walk around if want to save the money.

That's why I'm seeing the third Hobbit again, because it was very hot on the day especially with all that garb I was wearing to the film and even with air-condtioning.

Sometimes I'm just happy to be in large dark air-conditioned room to even care what up on the screen.

Satanist

Saw it last year and thought it was awful, is it to late to go for the Shiteseers gag?

Thought so  :(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Link Prime

Quote from: Steve Green on 21 January, 2015, 09:45:00 AM
Locke.

I saw this coming up a few times in conversation - I loved it.

Beautifully shot, and great performances.

Seconded.
Quite inconceivable that this could be so gripping, considering the setting.

Hawkmumbler

American Sniper is probably the first movie in a long time I have considered walking out on.

American Shiter more like.

Tiplodocus

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS.

More like THE MAN WITH THE SHITTY FISTS.

RZA takes bad acting to a whole new place. It looks gorgeous though.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

NapalmKev

Edge of Tomorrow!

I'm not a massive fan of Scientology Tom Cruise, but i really enjoyed this film!

Great effects, decent acting and a few good ideas. Well worth a watch!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The Kingsmen

Stumbled upon some free preview tickets on Thursday. I hadn't heard much about this, all I'd seen was a poster for it with Colin Firth paying tribute to an old 007 poster. That's pretty much this film in a nutshell. It's a love letter to the old Bond Movies, or more accurately a break up letter that goes "You've changed, James, you used to be fun, now your all serious and grim all the time, ever since you met that American fella', Jason."

Big stupid fun. Great popcorn flick. The scene in the church is possibly one of the most fun action scenes I've ever seen.
You may quote me on that.

radiator

I'm looking forward to Kingsman - Matthew Vaughn makes really fun movies, and seems to be able to make Mark Millar's work palatable.