Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

I thought Hudson had all the best lines? Game over man. Game over.

Can't imagine anyone wanted to be Spunkmeyer.
We never really die.

Charlie boy

If I could go back and be Hudson, I would. Nobody would get the director's cut "Pointy sticks" etc reference, but I'd know.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Charlie boy on 15 July, 2013, 01:22:02 AM
You wanted to be the baddie in the games you played growing up?!

Yeah, I was always Vader when we played Star Wars, and Shredder when we played Turtles
You may quote me on that.

JamesC

We used to play Knight Rider and the person who played KITT had to give Michael Knight a piggy back and also had to waggle their tongue left and right to simulate the red light!  :lol:

TordelBack

Sgt Apone, how could it be anyone else?  You secure that that sh*t Hudson!  Somebody wake up Hicks.  Assholes and elbows. Look into my eye

Charlie boy

Turns out James C and his mates had better imaginations and games than me and my mates. TordelBack- you have to remember this would have been late 80s to around 90/91 maybe; we'd only ever watched the ITV version of Aliens and Apone's best lines would have been cut because of it! Mister Pops has me wondering about Turtles. I remember playing with the toys at home but never pretending to be them in the playground, which is odd. More interested in your always being the villain though because I remember a short story we had to focus on years later (GCSE level) and the lad in this story that grew up to be quite a dangerous individual in later life had always wanted to be the villain in the games they played as kids. Just throwing that out there for you to think about...

Recrewt

So, did no-one want to be Ripley?  She does kind of kick ass in the movie whilst most of the marines are just Alien food!

Also agree that it was more fun to play the baddie - Darth Vadar and Boba Fett were the main guys for me out of star wars.

Sideshow Bob

Slightly 'off topic',  but still related to playing Aliens.....Many years ago, Glasgow had an Alien War experience,  below the Arches ( I think )...
My wife and I took the kids ( 12 and 9 at the time ),  and we were ushered into a small room, which was done up like the inside of a corridor in a Space Station.....It looked very realistic in the 'semi dark'....

The attendant ( dressed as a Space Marine ) gave us 'the warm up blurb'........" We are on the Alien planet, and we are safe at the moment.....Then the alarm went off !!!.........Really Loud and constant, and the announcement is made...." It's a Alien break through......we have to make our way to the escape chamber "....
Then the lights go off and the 'strobe' lighting started......and everyone started running towards the escape chamber...........Off course one of the doors then opened,  and a guy in an Alien suit 'roars' and it was total chaos !!

Our kids took off 'like scalded cats',  totally 'into' the scenario, ( actually I think by this time, they really believed it, as the constant 'Siren' made it hard to think or talk )  and leaving their mum and me to make our own way to the escape chamber......

It was brilliant !!.....Quite scary, and our kids absolutely loved it !! .........Off course once you reached the escape chamber and opened the door ..... you were in the shop.... where they sold Comics, toys and goods relating to the 'experience'.....
Still occasionally mention it to the kids ( now fully grown ) about how they 'saved themselves' and left their mum and dad to their fate !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Radbacker

that's sound great Sideshow, there starting up similar things with Zombies everywhere at the moment they sound like great fun.
Aliens is truly the biz and probably fights with Ghostbusters for my top movie, Gb generally wins out as Aliens gave me nightmares for several weeks after when I first watched it (I was a wimpy 10 year old).

CU Radbacker

I, Cosh

Alien War was back this year as part of the Arches' 20th anniversary run. Think it's finished again now, so that's not much help.
We never really die.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: sheldipez on 14 July, 2013, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 July, 2013, 09:19:21 PM
The way I heard it, is that Arnie was the one who chased the change, and had to convince Cameron to let him be the Termi.

In Arnie's biography he says that Cameron persuaded him to be the terminator as he spent most of their meeting (about when he could play the part of Kyle) talking about how the guy playing terminator would have to act to really sell it. Arnie said he was hesitant to take do it as he only wanted to play the hero in movies as any villain roles wouldn't be any good for his image.

See now I'm tortured trying to recall where I heard/read that!!!  I'm sure it was something on telly, and some bugger 'in the know' (allegedly) said Arnie thought he could totally rock the bad guy robot, and Cameron was surprised as it was the 'lesser' role without many lines, or emotional range (which apparently Arnie WAS trying to crack after his lessons/hang out's with Eastwood) and he really wanted him as Reese!  Just goes to show, never trust no bugger or anything they say! 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Satanist

I went to Alien War again this year now with my kid. He did the exact same and left his mum for dead! :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

radiator

QuoteJust goes to show, never trust no bugger or anything they say! 

Arnie's autobiography is a great read/listen (the audiobook is well worth a listen if you want to Arnie himself describe his childhood toilet and say the words "Do a poo"), but man is it one-sided.

He basically claims credit for almost every success he had in his life and career, whilst laying the blame for his failures squarely at the feet of everyone else.

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 15 July, 2013, 08:53:08 PM
Arnie's autobiography is a great read/listen, but man is it one-sided. He basically claims credit for almost every success he had in his life and career, whilst laying the blame for his failures squarely at the feet of everyone else.

That goes with the territory of the celebrity memoir. Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

sheldipez

It's worth a read to see how just business orientated Arnie is too. After the first handful of movies he doesn't go into any behind the scenes stories as his attention becomes solely dedicated to percentages and making more cash. It's a very dry read, you don't get any real grasp of the man behind the legend as it slowly decends into lists of things once it gets post-army (his recollection of that, brief, period are really funny).

The only thing I really took away from it was he really has a good head for business. And can't keep it his pants. And comes across like he loves stogies and big cars more than his kids. Ok three things then.