Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Nice one, Ill give it a look tomorrow night if I have a chance.

Bat King

Quote from: Mabs on 06 May, 2013, 11:32:26 PM
Where did you watch Judge Minty, TB, if you don't mind me saying? (I wanna watch it too!  :()

How did you miss Minty was out???
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mabs

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 May, 2013, 11:47:21 PM
Where did you watch Judge Minty, TB, if you don't mind me saying? (I wanna watch it too!  :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU&feature=youtu.be

Prepare to be thrilled!

Just finished watching it, thanks for the heads up TB! As for the film well what can i say? awesome stuff indeed! Like you said TB the visual effects was excellent,  more better than i thought it'd be. And the score was great too, especially in those tense moments in the warehouse. Not to mention Edmund Dehn who i thought was superb as Judge Minty. Just a question to everyone who's watched it? [spoiler]What were those camoflaged lizard things? Mutie lizards or something else? [/spoiler]It was still great however. And the look of that creepy mutie ringleader was so bloody creepy!

Great stuff overall, and a massive well done and thanks to everyone involved.

Oh, and Greg Staples as Dredd was so cool!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Quote from: Bat King on 07 May, 2013, 12:22:53 AM

How did you miss Minty was out???

I don't know mate, must've been trapped in the twillight zone for the last month.....but thankfully i've watched it now!  :)

My Twitter @nexuswookie

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: judgefloyd on 06 May, 2013, 11:34:56 PM
Thryllseeker, I'm assuming you enjoyed Anaconda 2?

I thought it was okay. I watched it four times cause they play the same movie four times a day on the Scifi channel.

The Judge Minty film was cool.

Buttonman

Dougray Scott is an unlikely lead in The Diplomat before The Widow of the Hill shows us her bra.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 May, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU&feature=youtu.be

Prepare to be thrilled!

Jeeezz- Wasn't expecting it to any near as good as that with such a small budget.

Well done to everyone involved -Very impressed   (Nice touch with the end credits too showing the original strip).Kudos.

Mabs

Yeah that was definitely a nice touch. I'm going to watch it again tonight!  :D

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Eric Plumrose

THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES. Enjoyed it despite a too-contrived and frankly unnecessary third act.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

michael kennedy

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 09 May, 2013, 08:41:24 AM
THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES. Enjoyed it despite a too-contrived and frankly unnecessary third act.

the third act was a weird one

but i was pleasantly surprised with bradley cooper whose becoming less sleaze-ball-like with every role.

dweezil2

Watched the new Evil Dead movie last night.

Only so, so unfortunately.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Recrewt

Watched Premium Rush last night.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt starts as a New York bike messenger who picks up an envelope that attracts the interest of a dirty cop.

Quite good actually - not enough bikes in movies and Michael Shannon (General Zod in upcoming Superman movie) was very good, so I'm looking forward even more to seeing him as Zod!

radiator

My girlfriend got me the Tarantino XX Blu Ray box set for my birthday so I'm doing a bit of a retrospective.

Watched True Romance the other night, which was enjoyable as ever - markedly different for the rest of the films in the box set as it wasn't directed by him and feels less Tarantinoesque - especially the soundtrack, which apart form the wonderful, evocative score track, kind of sucks - Charles and Eddie FFS? It feels far less timeless and more overtly 1990s than Tarantino's other films, and some of the scenes and dialogue feel very un-PC by today's standards, and made me cringe a bit. I was also a bit shocked by how brutally violent it is - they really don't make this sort of film any more, do they? You can really see how much of an impression this film made on a young Garth Ennis, who pretty much nicked the Elvis Presley as spiritual mentor/hallucination device wholesale for Preacher - replacing him with John Wayne - and also the eyepatch-wearing protagonist.

I then watched Kill Bill Vols 1&2.

Vol. 1 still stands up superbly - a gorgeous-looking riot of a film, with action scenes that piss all over the contemporary Matrix sequels - but I watched Vol 2. yesterday, and I'd forgotten how interminable that film is. In fact I think I probably only ever watched it the once back in the day. Some excellent bits - such as the buried alive/Budd/Elle Driver sequence and the Pai Mei interlude, but man - there is a hell of a lot of filler in that movie. Looking back, I think it would have been best to make Kill Bill as one 2.5hr film as originally intended and cut a lot of the chaff.

Really looking forward to digging in to the rest, as  I haven't watched Pulp Fiction or Resevoir Dogs in probably 15 years, and I've never actually seen Jackie Brown, Death Proof or Inglorious Basterds!

Charlie boy

Another Place Beyond the Pines viewer here. Saw it last nite and my reason for putting it off was careful timing; Sons of Anarchy finished on 5USA last Wednesday, I knew I could save Pines for my 'blond bloke on a motorbike willing to punch somebody if he feels they're asking for it' fix of sorts. I had three problems with it and I'm pretty sure some of those can be explained by my being woken up at a ridiculous hour on both Tuesday and Wednesday morning, meaning I sat down in the cinema last night and as soon as the lights went down I thought "God, am I tired...". But anyway, my problems-
1. Eva Mendes. Don't enjoy her acting but I don't find her attractive and a lot of people/magazines etc try to convince me otherwise, so I spent much of her few scenes thinking "You can't act and you're not attractive." On reading this, I'm putting this down to tiredness but I'll stick by one thought I had at one point- "You look like you should be playing Gosling's mum, not his onscreen love interest."
2. Despite my tiredness, the film seemed a little too short. They could have comfortably made it a bit longer.
3. This is another tiredness one I'm guessing or AJ in act 3 deserves an Oscar. Pretty much as soon as he was onscreen, I took a dislike to him and his spoiled kid rebelling routine. And on reading that, yes, it must have been tiredness. Give him the Oscar.
But it is a very enjoyable film (if not too short). Three acts- act one has something I really wasn't expecting and, if I pulled off a successful bank robbery, I too would probably go home and make a pet dance to Bruce Springsteen to celebrate. Act two- this is where the 'should have been longer' point stands out but it's still enjoyable. Finale- differing to acts one and two (the effects something can have on the future) by being about looking into the past and looking for an understanding to why things have turned out the way they have. I thought the very last scene was well sad! I'd like to point out that the music to go with each scene has been carefully selected indeed.

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 09 May, 2013, 01:22:21 PM
I've never actually seen Jackie Brown, Death Proof or Inglorious Basterds!

Jackie Brown is a great film. Deffo one of his best, i think. Highly recommended. (Death Proof and Inglorious Basterds, is where, for me, the rot set in).