Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

IIRC Ripley placed the carrier on the door ridge between the Nostromo and the lifeboat. Then later she picks it up and carries it into the lifeboat. I could be wrong though.

JamesC

Maybe I should re watch that bit but I'm pretty sure she picks it up from the floor in the middle of the corridor and then carries it into the lifeboat, dropping it a couple of times in the process.
Before Ripley finds the cat crate the last time we see it is when the alien checks it out and I'm pretty sure that's in a room. I found a picture if the alien checking out the cat but it doesn't really help.

Recrewt

As I recall, Ripley leaves the cat crate in the corridor near the ladder.  She returns there and sees the Alien and has to retreat.  The Alien then looks at the cat and then when Ripley returns again the cat crate does appear to have moved a bit, like the Alien has nudged it but is basically in the same location.

Like you say, there are plenty of ideas online but I tend to suspect the 'prize' wasn't really big enough to bother with.  Also interesting to consider how intelligent you think the Alien is - was it aware of the self-destruct?  If so then a lot of the actions, like hiding in the escape shuttle, make more sense. 

Theblazeuk

I always interpreted it as it was hiding there all along but I have always loved that question over the 'bugs.

Bolt-01

Or maybe the cat told it where to hide?

Hmmm, it was the cat that got Brett killed as well. I wonder if the cat was the evil mastermind all along?

von Boom

What I wonder is who did Ripley have to shag to get the cat on board in the first place?

TordelBack

Quote from: von Boom on 26 August, 2014, 04:59:20 PM
What I wonder is who did Ripley have to shag to get the cat on board in the first place?

Always assumed Jones was a ship's cat, performing the same vital duty that ship's cats always have.

Dark Jimbo

Aye, I always assumed Jonesy was the ship's cat rather than Ripley's. From the xenomorph wiki: While the cat's official purpose was to control rodents aboard the ship, it also served as a source of relaxation and entertainment for the crew.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 August, 2014, 05:49:00 PM
From the xenomorph wiki: While the cat's official purpose was to control rodents aboard the ship, it also served as a source of relaxation and entertainment for the crew.

Minor claim to fame: that wiki refers to the egg phase of the alien lifecycle as the ovomorph. I coined that word.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

HdE

More interesting is the fact that Jonesy would laater go on to star in Puss In Boots.

This makes re-watching the original Alien so much more fun.

"Senor Brett - do not come een here. There ees som'theeng NASTY in the chains. I will see you later in the common room for more of that good leche."
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

NapalmKev

I started watching the new 'Inbetweeners' movie last night - 15 mins later I turned it off!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

HdE

Quote from: NapalmKev on 27 August, 2014, 09:23:04 AM
I started watching the new 'Inbetweeners' movie last night - 15 mins later I turned it off!

My only experience of The Inbetweeners was a few years ago, while I was holed up in a Holiday Inn with nothing to do. One of the channels was showing back to back episodes. I found it to be the single most painfully crap, unfunny TV show I have ever seen. I can't imagine sitting through 90 minutes or more of it.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Link Prime

You miserable old soaks- The Inbetweeners is comedy gold!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Link Prime on 27 August, 2014, 10:03:30 AM
You miserable old soaks- The Inbetweeners is comedy gold!

Indeed. And is it out yet? I thought it was only at the cinemas?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

I was refraining from commenting on the new Inbetweeners movie because it just didn't really cut it for me. I'm a huge fan of the series as well, but after the very hit and miss nature of this recent outing I feel it's time to call it a day.