Main Menu

Recent posts

Film & TV / Re: New Doctor Who series
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 09:01:17 PM

Okay, I nearly enjoyed that one.

Prog / 2385 - Brain Storm!
Last post by Leigh S - Today at 08:47:39 PM
I apologise for calling Dredd a dick the other week - by comparison to this week, he was being too modest!

"Even know who you re talking to here?"

I dunno, Judge Bumptious?

At least we have Brink

Next week is a 48 pager - is that the first none Regened bumper prog? Probably not, but cant think what was in the last one
Classifieds / Re: Daily Star Dredd cuttings ...
Last post by Leigh S - Today at 08:37:59 PM
If the Cellar doent want them, Id be interested as something of a historian on the DSDs! 

And I'm with Max on another volume, even though another volumme would push us into the Millar/MacKenzie years, there are a couple of Wagner/Grant ones not collected I think? Theres the Metro Dredds as well, and the Metal Hammer ones?  Also the Metal Hammer Sin/Dex? 

If nowhere else, bring them back to the Megazine!
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 07:31:17 PM
Can't wait!

Actually I think that's the first time I've ever seen what Robbie looks like - like Simon, he's looking very fresh-faced for someone who's been in comics since the early 90s.
Books & Comics / Re: SPACEWARP - New Venture fr...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 07:28:37 PM
Well, I'm delighted to hear kids are still loving the Beano, with fan clubs, Dennis and Gnasher intact.  Me, I always used to go for the slightly whackier pages of Buster, Whizzer & Chips and so on, and when Oink came along with jokes about Prince Charles' willy on the front cover, I was in kiddy-comic paradise (with that last one paving the way for a lifelong Viz habit). 

But the Beano is the great survivor.  The only one still standing, and I hope it reaches its centennial year and well beyond that.

Classifieds / Re: Daily Star Dredd cuttings ...
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 05:03:30 PM
Which reminds me - another volume of the 'Daily Dredds' would not go amiss. Maybe if enough people on the forum clamour for it the powers-that-be may be persuaded...?
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 03:29:38 PM
Quote from: Vector14 on Today at 02:12:20 PMHe's done a great job on these books and I'm sure the intention with the quote isnt to insult regular 2000ad readers.

I have to say: I think everyone is massively mis-reading this quote. It reads to me like Owen commenting that the series is reaching a much wider audience beyond the core readership which, surely, is the entire point of it.
Last post by Hawkmumbler - Today at 02:41:26 PM
One of your best write ups to date, Colin.
It's been awhile since I read The O-Men but all 5 collected volumes sit comfortably on the indie shelf and are begging for a reread.
A real favourite of mine, I fact I have a feeling it might have been yourself who turned me onto it many moons ago now.

Could swear I also had the first issue (at least) of SPANDEX also but damned if I can find it among the singles box, and I sure as anything haven't read the whole thing either. Another error to correct, with haste!
Last post by Vector14 - Today at 02:12:20 PM
Quote from: Vector14 on Today at 01:54:30 PMSounds a bit Alan Partridge comparing his book to some rival celeb bio :D

'... readers of I, Partridge are primarily broader in their tastes and read global literature omnivorously'.

With Apologies to Owen for the partridge comparison, if he's reading.

He's done a great job on these books and I'm sure the intention with the quote isnt to insult regular 2000ad readers.
Last post by Vector14 - Today at 01:54:30 PM
Sounds a bit Alan Partridge comparing his book to some rival celeb bio :D

'... readers of I, Partridge are primarily broader in their tastes and read global literature omnivorously'.