Remembering The Old Days 70s 80s
looking Up Invasion & ABCs On Wikki Then I

Remembered The Lawless Touch! Tornado! All Ways

Remember Seeing Volgs Somewhere In There? Not Sure

What Story It Was? But Couldnt Find Any Links? Need

To Do Some Digging About In The Loft?

Spread The Word!

BPP

Volgs are an essential part of the 'Pat Mills' continuum - most notable in INVASION (old 2000AD) / SAVAGE (modern 2000AD) where they are humans who have invaded the UK / Europe. They then continue in The ABC Warriors (The most recent stuff) where it turns out one of the original ABC Warriors, Blackblood, was a Volg officer and he reunites with the liberated previously defeated Volg Generals. These Volgs are Robots - the idea being (as told in the most recent Savage) that Robots took over the fighting from the war in Savage. Indeed both Blackbloods and Hammersteins are basic war models in Savage.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ICONIC_TM

Yes  I remember An Entry In An Old Dredd Annual
Early Timeline Described The Volgs As Grimly Valed Soviets,
Then Learned This Was Done For Pc Reason,
lawless Touch Pre INVASION?
On  another Note I Also Remember A Pull Out Poster In An old Sci-Fi (Summer Special) 78 - 79 ISH
Drawn By Kevin O,Neil
Showing An Amphibious Landing By Early Allied War Robots Plus Mek-Quake? Early VOLGAN WARS Pre ABC?

Thanks For Your Input

Emperor

Welcome back to The Home of Thrillpower.

Quote from: MARVELMAGPIE on 11 January, 2012, 10:44:22 AM
Yes  I remember An Entry In An Old Dredd Annual
Early Timeline Described The Volgs As Grimly Valed Soviets,
Then Learned This Was Done For Pc Reason,
lawless Touch Pre INVASION?

Lawless Touch:

www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=Specials&choice=LAWLESS

QuoteTHE LAWLESS TOUCH

Creators: Kelvin Gosnell & Barry Mitchell
13 episodes: 1979-1980
A pretty slight strip about a petty thief, albeit an unbelievably resourceful one, named Johnny Lawless who gets blackmailed by a secret organization, referred to by Johnny as the "Eurofuzz," into helping them with their plans.

Trivia: Amusingly, this strip reuses the same Volgan empire established by 2000 AD in Invasion!

Reprinted? This series has never been reprinted. You'll need the original Tornado comics.

http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/2kad10l.html

Quote from: MARVELMAGPIE on 11 January, 2012, 10:44:22 AM
On  another Note I Also Remember A Pull Out Poster In An old Sci-Fi (Summer Special) 78 - 79 ISH
Drawn By Kevin O,Neil
Showing An Amphibious Landing By Early Allied War Robots Plus Mek-Quake? Early VOLGAN WARS Pre ABC?

That'd be Mek-War, I don't think it is listed in Barney but Rufus Dayglo has the original and a description:

QuoteThis spectacular huge piece entitled 'MEK WARS - ILLUSTRATION FROM HAMMERSTEIN'S WAR MEMOIRS VOLUME 1' is from the 1979 2000ad Summer special, but predates the original RoBusters Series.

This piece was done as a pitch piece to sell the idea of 'Mek War' (Robot War) to IPC.
Kevin had done a fanzine in the 70s called Mek War, and it was around this concept that Ro Busters/ ABC Warriors was built.

'Mek Wars' shows Hammerstein, Mek Quake, and Joe Pinapples fighting Volgan Death Troopers on a D-Day style beach assault.

www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=452431&GSub=71019

When I win the lottery...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ICONIC_TM

AWSUM! That,s The Pic, Been Years Since Iv Seen It Had A Copy But It Got Lost In A
Move Long Time Back...  Still Have All But One Copy Of Tornado Somewhere?

ALL HAIL EMPEROR!

ghostpockets

Ruf's photo is a bit blurry. Here's a link to a high-res scan of the Mek-War piece with more details...

http://mekquake.tumblr.com/post/12326725502/mek-wars-illustration-from-hammersteins-war