Main Menu

Birmingham International Comics Show-Who's going?

Started by Natsan, 19 November, 2006, 05:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natsan

As the title says-anyone here going to be at the Birmingham comics con in December?

I'll be there although so far I haven't been asked to do anything.

Link: http://www.thecomicsshow.co.uk/" target="_blank">Birmingham International Comics Show

pauljholden

I'll be there too - I haven't been asked to do anything either - maybe we'll start our own panel that'll stick it to the man!

- pj

Natsan

I haven't seen you in ages! Hope I get a chance to say hello.

Looks like they're following a fine longstanding tradition of waiting till the last minute to let us know of any details. Still, couldn't be as bad as last Bristol when I only found out about all my sketching slots I was booked to do when I read the convention booklet....

W. R. Logan

yup, I'm subjecting myself to the horrors of sharing with PJ for the second time this year.

Natsan

pauljholden

I'll have you know I stay awake through the whole sordid thing.

Er... what are we talking about ?

- pj

Bolt-01

I'll be there flogging comics and catching up with folks. PJ, will previously be ready then?

Bolt-01

Bolt-01

I'll be there flogging comics and catching up with folks. PJ, will previously be ready then?

Bolt-01

Wake

I'll have a Termight Replicas table and I've organised some 2000AD artists to do some sketching at it. My current timetable is:

Saturday

11am Dylan Teague
12pm Tim Perkins
3pm Mike Collins

I may have a couple more to add closer to the time. Does anyone now when the show is open? I'm guessing something like 10am-6pm but I don't think the times are on the website.

Cheers,

Wake

pauljholden

Annoyingly no (my fault haven't had the time and vet everything I'd like to go in it). I'll probably have some proofs ready by then and, fingers crossed, it won't be long after - so I may take names and details if anyone wants one.

But, you can buy the Simply Incredible Hunk http://www.pauljholden.com/wordpress/?page_id=1431&category=2'>here

- pj

Wake

I've had a reply back from the organisers and the opening times are: 10am - 7pm on the Saturday, and 10.30am - 5.30pm on the Sunday.

Noisybast

Hrm, I'm supposed to be in Nottingham pn the Saturday night, but I *might* be able to pop in for a pint on the way, if I get my act together...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Ian Edginton

Greetings programs!

Long time, reader. First time poster!

If anyone's interested, I'll be at the Brum Con, perched on the end of the Ayslum Comics table most of Saturday, signing copies of Leviathan. Matt can't make it unfortunately, so we've put together
a special, limited signed bookplate in the form of a ticket for the Leviathan, scribbled on by the both of us.

Cheers chums,

IE

Ian Edginton

sonova...

That should read Asylum Comics.

Dang!

IE

jock

we've managed to kidnap matt over to lille haven't we??

say hello to mike from asylum from me if you get the chance ian... have a good one.

jock
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7994/copiedeaffichecomicshigvq4.jpg">