Main Menu

2000AD Layout

Started by Will I. Cooling, 30 May, 2003, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will I. Cooling

Reading the US version of Incunbus and I noticed that despite it being in US size it may difference to the reading of the story so this got me thinking what if 2000AD goes to US size? In TPO it said that I size reduction in 1997/8 say thousands a year so surely going to US size would do the same. The money saved could be used for either improving writer's rates, adding more pages or a prize cut.

Wadda think?
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Will I. Cooling

Reading the US version of Incunbus and I noticed that despite it being in US size it may difference to the reading of the story so this got me thinking what if 2000AD goes to US size? In TPO it said that I size reduction in 1997/8 say thousands a year so surely going to US size would do the same. The money saved could be used for either improving writer's rates, adding more pages or a prize cut.

Wadda think?
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Tu-plang

2000ad's A4-ish page size has always added to the induviduality of the prog.  At the moment we have a pretty good deal with the same proportions but larger size.  Just look at the US DarkHorse edtions of Dredd V Aliens, the art's size really takes away from Flint's details.

And shelf-wise, the larger format makes 2000AD stand out, and for that it is stacked with the Scifi mags, not the regular DC and Marvel in the WH Smith.

Mudcrab

I'm Tharg would rather cut his own legs off.

The silliest idea I've heard in ages, if I may say so :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

The prog's been shrinking over the years, but usually in width...

Can't say I'd welcome a height reduction for my 2000AD.
Better set your phaser to stun.