Main Menu

Prog 2000

Started by DrRocka, 25 February, 2015, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Remember the old "what will 2000ad be called in the year 2000" debate? Well I've just worked out that prog 2000 is due to land on 16th Sept 2016. Only we've already had prog 2000, back in 1999, haven't we? As well as progs 2001 - 2015. So after prog 1999, what's the next one gonna be?
Never ever bloody anything ever

I, Cosh

No, we've had a special called Prog 2000, but not a prog called 2000.
We never really die.

Anzati

However the way the progs are numbered recently does make this a little confusing, especially if this is maintained for Prog 2016...

pauljholden

I don't want to talk out of school, but based on emails I've received there's a very good chance that when prog 2000 actually comes out if it comes into physical contact with the other prog 2000 there will be a matter/anti-matter like reaction causing, potentially a singularity like event, a black hole and, death to anyone within a 1000 light years.

Or maybe nothing will happen and no-one will get confused.

-p

Steve Green

Or we jump ahead to Prog 4000 on contact, where Dredd is 140?

TordelBack

In the 22nd century 140 is the new 70.

Dandontdare

I warned about this 15 years ago. Did they listen? Did they heck.

ZenArcade

Only 140, sure he'll still only be a lump of a pup. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 25 February, 2015, 06:21:09 PM
Only 140, sure he'll still only be a lump of a pup. Z

:lol: Oh,  you Nordies do have some fine expressions
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

pauljholden

Wouldn't it just be like 2000ad to skip ahead a 1,000 prog numbers with a whole new 1000prgs on line up, with dredd already dead and then never ever explain the missing progs.

Anzati

Quote from: pauljholden on 26 February, 2015, 09:26:07 AM
Wouldn't it just be like 2000ad to skip ahead a 1,000 prog numbers with a whole new 1000prgs on line up, with dredd already dead and then never ever explain the missing progs.

...or to just hint at what might have happened in the missing progs for 30 years before telling the story  :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

It'll turn out Dredd was Desperate Dan the whole time, and the last 39 years will have been a big 39-year Malone / Stickleback / Lobster as Crispy / Dead Man style set-up all along. Of course that'll mean the Dead Man was also Desperate Dan. It's layered, see.

And 39 years later it turns out Desperate Dan is Little Plum when he grew up.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

JamesC

I say we go all Marvel and do 2000ad Reborn. We could start back at Prog 1 and have a newly designed Judge Dredd and a specially commissioned Rob Liefeld cover.

TordelBack

Hey, maybe if we merged a Liefield cover with the unused Miller one we'd get a Dredd with normal sized feet.