Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 27 June, 2016, 11:48:20 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 June, 2016, 08:55:14 PM
Fucking hell nearly 700 pages of this shite?
Only a matter of time until it's actually 700 pages :-)
...which leads me to wonder what the longest thread on the 2000AD online forum is/was...

Banners

700 is still a lot less than the $3 trillion lost across the S&P Global Broad Market Index (BMI) in just two days. And all because my mother-in-law wants bendy cucumbers.

Professor Bear

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Steven Denton on 27 June, 2016, 07:09:24 PM

Why is my Mars Bar £80?

Because you don't understand economics?

Because you think any change in the tax system will automatically cost trillions?

Because you cannot envisage a world where you don't have to be told what to do?

Because you're utilising absurdities in place of rational counter-arguments?

Because the shop assistant accidentally set the pricing gun to £ instead of p?

You seem to be mistaking suggestions and proposals for actual plans and missing the point that the state is a fundamentally criminal entity. This point you blithely ignore, as if it is unchangeable and unimportant. Or as if it's too difficult to disprove and so you fixate on the far easier target of proposed solutions.

That's really why your Mars Bar costs £80.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

So RoI SE is already down 10 billion/17% and that's after only two days of trading.  And you gobshites still have no-one at the wheel? Not even an opposition platform? Fingers out please, lads.

Modern Panther

QuoteYou seem to be mistaking suggestions and proposals for actual plans

At seven hundred pages, the politics thread is finally complete. 

Tjm86

What are you talking about.  All this talk about a global financial meltdown and armageddon is just fear mongering from the Remain campaigners.  Everything will be fine once the referendum is over ....

... oh.

Sorry, got that one wrong.

On a more serious note it seems that Osborne has ruled himself out as a leadership candidate.  Probably the most sensible thing he has ever done.  Does he really want to be Gordon Brown to Cameron's Tony Blair?  The Leave campaign leaders have also decided to use the same strategy that worked so well in Iraq.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Modern Panther on 28 June, 2016, 07:50:59 AM

Post. Of. The. Week.

Love it!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 June, 2016, 08:09:29 AM
Quote from: Modern Panther on 28 June, 2016, 07:50:59 AM

Post. Of. The. Week.

Love it!

If you're talking a huge change in the political status quo to a new, untested system, you really need some concrete and conclusive plans in place.  As many people are discovering right now.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steven Denton

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 June, 2016, 04:24:46 AM
Quote from: Steven Denton on 27 June, 2016, 07:09:24 PM

Why is my Mars Bar £80?

Because you don't understand economics?

Because you think any change in the tax system will automatically cost trillions?

Because you cannot envisage a world where you don't have to be told what to do?

Because you're utilising absurdities in place of rational counter-arguments?

Because the shop assistant accidentally set the pricing gun to £ instead of p?

You seem to be mistaking suggestions and proposals for actual plans and missing the point that the state is a fundamentally criminal entity. This point you blithely ignore, as if it is unchangeable and unimportant. Or as if it's too difficult to disprove and so you fixate on the far easier target of proposed solutions.

That's really why your Mars Bar costs £80.

no. no. no. yes because your proposals are absurd and have no grounding in the real world. no. no

TordelBack

It occurs to me that supposedly regretful Leave voters may have thought that the referendum was analagous to voting for Boaty McBoatface, ie a bit of a lark, but Nanny would never let it actually happen.  If this is the case, have you considered simply replacing your parliament with David Attenborough?

On another note, listening to Cameron joking away on Today in Parliament as he eyes his pension, property portfolio and speaking engagements with glee, made me very, very angry. I'm all for gallows humour, but he isn't one of the ones that's going to hang.

ZenArcade

'On another note, listening to Cameron joking away on Today in Parliament as he eyes his pension, property portfolio and speaking engagements with glee, made me very, very angry. I'm all for gallows humour, but he isn't one of the ones that's going to hang.'

THIS!! Z  >:( >:( >:(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Tordelback on 28 June, 2016, 09:12:25 AM
On another note, listening to Cameron joking away on Today in Parliament as he eyes his pension, property portfolio and speaking engagements with glee, made me very, very angry. I'm all for gallows humour, but he isn't one of the ones that's going to hang.

Yeah - brilliantly worded TB. It's a different world for him.

A Polish colleague of mine woke up after the referendum to a note on his car windscreen saying "Go home now" - this is the world that smug disaffected class has created for us.

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 June, 2016, 08:35:17 AM

If you're talking a huge change in the political status quo to a new, untested system, you really need some concrete and conclusive plans in place.

Nah, it's much more fun taking a massive gamble with the economic, social and political future of a nation and all it's subjects' futures on a lark.  If labour have got any sense whatsoever (okay, I know the answer here) then they will force the Tories to see things through to 2020 by which time they will have done so much damage they will never be allowed anywhere near a ballot form again.  Unfortunately the damage that this is going to do for the next few generations is too much to risk so on a slightly saner note the bar stewards need to be shot of ASAP/INS.  Hunt is now eyeing a bid.  I am now seriously considering emigration.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 28 June, 2016, 09:52:56 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 28 June, 2016, 09:12:25 AM

Yeah - brilliantly worded TB. It's a different world for him.

A Polish colleague of mine woke up after the referendum to a note on his car windscreen saying "Go home now" - this is the world that smug disaffected class has created for us.
Worrying, very very worrying.