Main Menu

Folklore Thursday: Island

Started by pauljholden, 18 July, 2019, 11:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Full blog here: http://www.pauljholden.com/2019/07/18/island/

John Reppion and I did a fun one page comic, me working from his 280 character tweet style script based on the topic of this weeks Folklore thursday on twitter...

I think we'd like to do more. We'll see...

maryanddavid

Love to see more, great stuff!

Rately

Robin Low

I like that.

Speaking from a reader's perspective, those are perfect examples of how to do text boxes. These days, I'm much less tolerant of wading through mini-panels of text.

I like the narwhals, too.

Regards,

Robin

Bolt-01

CalHab

I really enjoyed that! The comic was excellent and the write up of how you put it together was great.

I hope you do more!

TordelBack

I assume there was a time, long ago, when PJ was just another perfecty solid 2000AD artdroid. The question now is, when exactly did he get so incredibly good. This is a downright beautiful page, in a sequence of same: very recent examples including Justine in the T&J Special, that magic piece about his Mum and that Stationary Shop page with @spleenal: top of his game right now
Honestly can't wait to read that latest war epic.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

pauljholden

Thanks for the kind words (which I somehow missed!)

It's Thursday and we did another one...!

TordelBack

Glorious shot of Satan's tender arse there, and I never heard that one!  I presume this is an explanation for that grey mould you get all over them at the end of the season*, but it's a fine line between grabbing the latest, sweetest blackberries that have escaped your predecessors and what I now know to be supping on the devil's piss.

There's a brilliant wee book in these, you know. 

pauljholden

Robin Low

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 July, 2019, 10:08:15 AM

I'd buy it.

Actually, these would be perfect as a regular feature in something like a new Scream! or Misty.

Regards,

Robin

Dandontdare

Single page folklore mini-stories illustrated as beautifully as that could find a home in many publications, but if Rebellion do relaunch any of those titles (and they seem to be testing the waters with all these specials), they would be a perfect fit.

Or a book. I'd buy it.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Robin Low on 26 July, 2019, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 25 July, 2019, 10:08:15 AM

I'd buy it.

Actually, these would be perfect as a regular feature in something like a new Scream! or Misty.

or Fortean Times would be a perfect spot.
DDT did a job on me

pauljholden

It's Thursday!

Today's topic, Trees / Forests...

(Also if an admin can change the title to "Folklore Thursday" and remove the ": Island" on the topic that'd be great! )

-pj