Main Menu

Trailer for 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 April, 2011, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

He was the guy who tried to beat Caeser with a bat and then later got his finger bitten off.
All in all he had a pretty rough time living next door to James Franco!

johnnystress

Quote from: The return of Judge Jack on 27 August, 2011, 08:36:37 PM
when leaving the cinema on thursday night i overheared someone saying - wasnt bad, but how come it didnt show you the apes planet?

hahahahahaha

Professor Bear

Quote from: Robin Low on 28 August, 2011, 09:27:11 AMAnd thanks for explaining why you didn't understand the argument.

Clearly nothing I say could satisfy you and the mods have asked us to stop hijacking the thread.  That, I think, is a clear indication we need to step back and admit neither of us are going to give on this matter.

Yours,
A. Nerd.

Robin Low

Quote from: Professah Byah on 29 August, 2011, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: Robin Low on 28 August, 2011, 09:27:11 AMAnd thanks for explaining why you didn't understand the argument.

Clearly nothing I say could satisfy you

Not the case at all. Some evidence that you understand the points I've put across might be good start. Try starting from the final paragraph of reply #147.

Quoteand the mods have asked us to stop hijacking the thread.

If they contact me formally then I'll consider stopping. However, I don't consider this hijacking the thread, as it is on topic and others have managed to talk around us easily enough.

QuoteThat, I think, is a clear indication we need to step back and admit neither of us are going to give on this matter

Personally, I'm happy to acknowledge a fair, reasoned argument that I cannot effectively or reasonably challenge. If you are not willing to offer one, fine, but please don't try to present me as being merely intransigent. I at least am doing you the courtesy of reading what you post and replying to it.

Regards

Robin

Professor Bear

Quote from: Robin Low on 29 August, 2011, 10:13:22 PM
Some evidence that you understand the points I've put across might be good start.

Quote from: Robin Low on 29 August, 2011, 10:13:22 PMI'll consider stopping. However--

please don't try to present me as being merely intransigent.

Robin Low

Quote from: Professah Byah on 30 August, 2011, 03:40:35 PM
Some evidence that you understand the points I've put across might be good start.

Quote from: Robin Low on 29 August, 2011, 10:13:22 PMI'll consider stopping. However--

please don't try to present me as being merely intransigent.

You know, I genuinely thought I'd come home today to face an absolute bitch of a counter-argument that would leave me with egg all over my face.

I wonder if Stargate is on tonight?

Regards

Robin

Definitely Not Mister Pops

C'mon lads, yer starting to make MONKEYS out of yerselfs.BOOM BOOM
You may quote me on that.

Robin Low

Starkers

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 August, 2011, 08:53:18 AM
No, for grud's sakes no, mr tips, please dont make that mistake! there has been much written online about that, and yes it's true- as far as the rough events of the film are concerned the trailer does cover most everything.

But for once, for once, it's the STORY that matters- this isnt a blockbuster in the transformers mode, where things just need to be ticked off before the final battle. With Rise, the trailer doesnt even begin to tell the whole story- it's the best apes film since the original and the more i see it, the more i  think its probably better than that. Dont let a misreading of the trailer's content put you off seeing it.

SBT

All true. Currently this is the second best film of the year for me (currently seen 21 at the cinema) A great example of how to reboot a franchise intelligently and reverently as well. So many nods to the original here (some more subtle than others) and Serkis and the WETA guys did a wonderful job on Ceaser. Loved the Orangutan as well!  :D

Professor Bear

The orangutan was brilliant - even though he was clearly nonhuman, one look and you think "this guy has his shit all figured out."  If he had an internal narrative, it would be voiced by Morgan Freeman.

And my glass monkey house post has disappeared in the Great Migration of 2011!  Eh.

Quote from: Starkers on 08 September, 2011, 03:01:14 PMWith Rise, the trailer doesnt even begin to tell the whole story- it's the best apes film since the original and the more i see it, the more i  think its probably better than that.

The second half of this is clearly the ramblings of a crazy man, but the bit about there being a whole other story not seen in the trailers is spot-on.  I'd say it's only as good as Conquest, though.

Starkers

Yeah the 'apes are stupid' bit was hilarious.

Eric Plumrose

Call yourselves nerds? BAH, I say. Who the fuck's this "Rodney" fella, anyhow? That neighbour's the kid from PIN and the bloke from CUBE.

And fuck. ME. Tyler Labine turns up in something and DOESN'T play a stoner? Like I said. "Call yourselves nerds? BAH."
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Professor Bear

Playing with fire, Eric.

I'd replace the word 'stoner' with 'slacker' in describing Labine's limited repertoire, but he didn't star in an oddly-loved sci-fi franchise* so has not got a hope registering in a film with Rodney, Dick, and Harry Osborne in it.

* No-one likes Reaper.

Eric Plumrose

By Crikey, I'd completely forgotten about REAPER. I was thinking of his roles in THE X-FILES and INVASION.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Professor Bear

Cool to know who the other guy watching Invasion was after all this time.