Main Menu

Prog 1945 - The Long Walk

Started by JamesC, 22 August, 2015, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

How I love Dredd. Can't wait to see how the horse fits into things. Only thing I could nit pick about is a slight overuse of dialogue in some eps, especially banter.

Helium also delivered. Colourfull and wild.  Love the matiné feel.

Next week's Dredd Encaladus, Helium and Dreams of Deadworld... Not sure how I'll be able to cope with the wait!!!

James Stacey

Hasn't Dredd hallucinated horses before? Could be a link

Proudhuff

Didn't Helium finish this week?

Also, Am I the only one who sees the Professor as a mature Tintin? Quiff, round head, plus fours, just wondering about Snowy!
DDT did a job on me

Apestrife

Quote from: James Stacey on 26 August, 2015, 09:27:27 AM

Yes, "The man comes around". But in it a doctor says he can't hallucinate thanks to the bionic eyes of his.

Encountered a similar mystery-horse in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker the other day. Hopefully Morrison's isn't as convoluted as Kojima's :P

Apestrife

Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 August, 2015, 09:36:36 AM
Didn't Helium finish this week?

When you mention it, unfortunately it did. Missed that it said: "The end".  :( 

Luckily it'll return :)

James Stacey

Quote from: Apestrife on 26 August, 2015, 09:43:29 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 26 August, 2015, 09:27:27 AM

Yes, "The man comes around". But in it a doctor says he can't hallucinate thanks to the bionic eyes of his.

Encountered a similar mystery-horse in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker the other day. Hopefully Morrison's isn't as convoluted as Kojima's :P
Thats the one. Had a feeling it was Rob Williams too. He says on his blog
'And it features a mystery animal too. Everone loves a mystery animal. You don't get enough animals in Mega City One.'
Gotta be a link

Mikey

Really superb cover! I can almost smell the burned flesh...

Dredd - still absolutely loving it I have to say. No nit picking or gripes from me and I've felt more jeopardy and tension in this on the whole than in DoC. I'll put it down to reading it as the big ol' Aimee denoument. And [spoiler]the horse's appearance[/spoiler] was a nice surprise - be interested to see how this works out and if this will resolve what it actually is or represents. Beyond a mystery like.

The Alienist is grand so far, particularly enjoying the art. Think it's shaping up well.

The 3riller was ok (sorry I can't recall the title right now) and has nicely set the scene.

Was pleased to see Grey Area back as I feel with the last series it finally started to build on a lot of the character development of the previous runs and finally get epic.

And the glorious, glorious Helium finished. In a way I would have liked it to be a one off, but I'm certainly not going to complain about another book or two if it keeps being so damn good! I can see why folks are starting to conflate this and Brass Sun, and who knows if they're linked? But no such worries from me - this has been a joy to read.

Solid prog there Tharg. Keep it up!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Judge Nutmeg

I must be the only person not fussed by helium, just felt Edington was sleepwalking through familiar scenarios, the creatures's faces in Dredd remind me of the phalanx from x-men . Nice to see the horse from the man comes around turn up and the creature behind Nixon's transformatio must be what dirty Frank encountered before he became Frank in trifecta. Maitland telling Dredd to protect chief judge was needless half expected some sarcasm back from Dredd.

Starkers

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 26 August, 2015, 11:40:01 PM
I must be the only person not fussed by helium, just felt Edington was sleepwalking through familiar scenarios, the creatures's faces in Dredd remind me of the phalanx from x-men . Nice to see the horse from the man comes around turn up and the creature behind Nixon's transformatio must be what dirty Frank encountered before he became Frank in trifecta. Maitland telling Dredd to protect chief judge was needless half expected some sarcasm back from Dredd.

See I didn't read that as Maitland telling Dredd to protect Hershey, quite the reverse. I could be mistaken though.

Encaladus continues to be excellent, though I hope there isn't just going to be a quick resolve with Judge Sam finding an off switch at the bottom of the pit.

The Alienist is fun, I'm suspecting there's something of a Remington Steele scenario occurring between the Alienist and his "assistant"

I've always liked Grey Area, but it does feel like they've been stuck on that planet for a long time now...

can't say much about the 3riller so far, although while I have no problem with using historical or future conflicts, referencing something that's still going on feels slightly wrong somehow.

Helium has been enjoyable enough, I just fear that I'll like it less and less as it goes on, which is what happened with Brass Sun.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Starkers on 27 August, 2015, 11:29:34 AM

The Alienist is fun, I'm suspecting there's something of a Remington Steele scenario occurring between the Alienist and his "assistant".

All is revealed...Ta da: http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/2000_ad_winter_special_2014 ;)
DDT did a job on me

Starkers

Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 August, 2015, 11:54:32 AM
Quote from: Starkers on 27 August, 2015, 11:29:34 AM

The Alienist is fun, I'm suspecting there's something of a Remington Steele scenario occurring between the Alienist and his "assistant".

All is revealed...Ta da: http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/2000_ad_winter_special_2014 ;)

Which I have actually read which probably explains my startling insight! :-[

zombemybabynow

Lovin' Mark Harrison's art on Grey Area - I demand a TBP asap
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

ZenArcade

Not a bad prog atall. The cover is as good as any I've seen in the prog. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Goaty

Great prog!

Of Dredd, I guess [spoiler]the team found Nixon alive and on some link control to those ICE monsters?? [/spoiler]

sheridan

Quote from: Goaty on 28 August, 2015, 07:15:25 PM
Great prog!

Of Dredd, I guess

...so all they have to do is [spoiler]kill Nixon and the Sisters of Death will lose their hold over MC1 and the pall will lift from the city, leaving the Judges to mop up the greatly de-powered Dark Judges[/spoiler]?