Main Menu

EAGLE PAD! New Official DREDD Photo (2011-07-16)

Started by CraveNoir, 16 July, 2011, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

It looks something like this (but not Leeds...  :-\ )

http://www.badgeunion.com/193-246-thickbox/leeds-united-eagle-badge-wb.jpg

It could either be looking straight down or to the side, but it looks like the head is more in the centre of the body, rather than above the wings.

dracula1

Every inch the biker cop, . . . Dredd transposed from the comic with added realism. Roll on San Diego, hopefully we'll see abit more.

Zarjazzer

Quote from: CraveNoir on 16 July, 2011, 12:25:34 PM
One more inch to the left and I'd be able to decode what I'm looking at!

ws even less.
http://www.imglobalfilm.com/events/red-state-screening-berlin-2011

Fabulous Wally squad outfits there. Kinda retro. Dreddy looks good!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Danbo

Just done a rough quick sketch of what i think it looks like,not sure though?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

esoteric ed

QuoteWe'll be up to 200 posts within a day

Lol!!!  :D

Not sure about that neck thingy at back but it's looking good, all the mention about the cool cinematography is promising.

Ed

esoteric ed

A little brighter and you can see a little more detail at front (sorry it's not much of an improvement)

Ed

judda fett

I like it, I like the first pic too. Looks good.

dracula1

Nice Sketch Danbo, . . . the visual mystery of the shoulder pad is slowly unfolding. As for the stubble on the promo pictures, if DREDD is holed up dealing with a potential block war will he have time to shave? (boot knife! . . . boot razor!) Read the next installment of Zarjaz and this last comment will make abit more sense.

Danbo

Cheers ;)
As for the stubble,as long as he starts off clean shaven i can handle a rough chin of justice after he's been holed up fighting all night in a block...more believable.

JOE SOAP

Personally, I think they've nailed this -dulled/bronzed colour of emblems/dark reds & blacks /helmet contours etc- and I can't see how anyone would prefer the '95 one where nothing really matched, in a wholist design sense, to this:

Unfortunately this thread has been blighted all ready by a picture of Kevin Smith.

Danbo

Totally agree.It's much preferred,never thought i would say it because i was a little unsure at first but now i can see the practicality over the pantomime version.Looks ready for (block)war as opposed to being ready for a catwalk.   

Goaty

Mario Di Giacomo

Ahhh... I think I see what they are going for.  Both shoulder pads are technically the same, it's the part below the pad  (the "rerebrace") which has the eagle on one arm, but is blank on the other.
Mario Di Giacomo

dracula1

It would be great if we could get a wee bit of feedback from a creator involved (to hint if we are all on the right track with this). I know I'm clutching at straws here! :'(

Buddy

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 16 July, 2011, 12:55:19 PM
Just done a rough quick sketch of what i think it looks like,not sure though?

Ahh yes... I see it now... the eagle body and head is just out of pic.

Personally I think this looks fantastic... hope more info and pics will now start filtering out. Only 6 months until release. Batman and Spider-Man will both have trailers out soon and they are over a year from release.

A teaser trailer can't be far away.