Main Menu

EAGLE PAD! New Official DREDD Photo (2011-07-16)

Started by CraveNoir, 16 July, 2011, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Buddy on 16 July, 2011, 02:45:33 PM
Only 6 months until release.

I'd say it's more like 8 months, around March I imagine.

Buddy

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 July, 2011, 02:55:29 PM
Quote from: Buddy on 16 July, 2011, 02:45:33 PM
Only 6 months until release.

I'd say it's more like 8 months, around March I imagine.

Oh right.. I thought I read some where it was slated for early January.

JOE SOAP

Mudcrab

Nice pic. Everything looks great (particularly the colours as someone said), certainly when you compare it so that 95 one. You know that derisive snort kind of laugh you do when you see someone looking ridiculous when they think they don't? I did that looking at Stallone there.

Only thing missing is the highlight 'Z' on his right eye  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

mogzilla

gord its good innit? thanks to the sketch i can see what i'm looking at now,nice one very early dredd!  :D

just need some confirmation on the merchandise now! ;)

mogzilla

...and on further study, i'm possibly seeing the beak of the eagle just in shot pointing to its left with the bit leading up to the wing with a gapm in it presumably for movements sake and i'm also thinking theyve gone for the helmet badge in front of the eagles body which would stylize it without having to show loads of feathers and feets! wish i had the tech know how to show what i mean :-[

Danbo

I know what you mean,i thought it looks a bit like an eagles head atop a respirator.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Mardroid

I think that design makes a lot of sense in this world. It took me a while to see it, thinking the eagle was diving downwards rather than face on with the wings either side rather than swept back...*

I'm glad they went for a smooth emblem effect rather than the fully moulded eagle statuette like the comics and the Stallone film. (Say what you like about that film, their eagle had the comic look.) From a practical point of view I could imagine all those jagged bits getting caught on things...

I don't intend that to be detrimental to the comic version. It just seems more suited to a dress uniform for parade.

*although still side by side. I'm sure you get what I mean though.

Danbo

Now all i need is a nice clear shot of him on his Lawmaster for my laptops wallpaper....
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

CYCLOPZ

The uniform looks perfect  to me so far. More like the classic Ezquerra design which makes total sense. The helmet's good too but it still looks pretty big from this angle. I'm sure there's a practical reason for that though  - it's a biker helmet after all.

Steve DGenerate

Looks good to me. Very early Dredd style, which I prefer, to be honest.
Got a feeling the uniform (and Lawmaster) style will evolve if the planned sequels happen.

radiator

My honest gut reaction: the headgear looks too big.

This was my initial thought on seeing the first pic, but I convinced myself that it was the dodgy angle/lighting. You can argue til the cows come home about practicality etc, but if people are already making this observation then IS a valid concern. I'm sure it looks great as a motorcycle helmet, but I worry about how it will look when he's on foot.

I still have faith - the producers are smart people and I'm sure they would have flagged this up if it was a problem on screen.

We'll see when the trailer hits I guess. The uniform overall looks good though and bodes well for the art direction as a whole.