Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pictsy

I have been watching copious amounts of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  It's of reasonable quality that succeeds in making me laugh with it's own charm.  It can be a bit hit and miss, with a couple of series being less than funny.

Hawkmumbler

Avatar: The Legend of Korra concluded this week with quite simply one of the greatest finales I've ever seen in a TV show. From beginning to end it's been one of the most entertaining, innovative, and groundbreaking family shows around, and no where better is this shown than in the final moments of the show, which show's the culmination of 4 seasons of wonderful character development.

Saddened that this is (almost) the last we'll see of this truly wonderful universe, at least in the TV department, as it's been a constant companion through out my life from a child to a (kinda) adult. I'll miss it. But at least, now, I have the excuse to watch it all from the beginning again. Watch me, i'm pressing play on the first disc of Last Air Bender. And I might be gone some time...

Theblazeuk

Earth. Air. Fire. Water.

Long ago...

Noisybast

I've just marathoned the full run (to date) of Archer, and followed it up with season one of American Horror Story. A fine way to end a lurgy-filled Christmas break.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Goaty

Ooh Stargate: Universe finally on Netflix UK! That is one of finest Sci-Fi TV series.

Rog69

The Wife and I finally started watching Game of Thrones over the Christmas break, we just polished off season 1 tonight only to find that the rest of it it has now gone off the Sky on demand service. Bugger.

HdE

I'm currently burning my way through PSYCHO PASS, an anime so awesome it requires its title being typed in ALL CAPS.

Quite how this hasn't attained Ghost in the Shell levels of notoriety, I do not understand. It's brutal, it's brilliant and it's quite properly smart. I've got just four episodes left, and I'm actually in fear for some of these characters.

Please have a happy ending, please have a happy ending,  please have a happy ending...
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Hawkmumbler

Prepare to be disappointing. It doesn't end well. :lol:

HdE

I think the bigger issue is, with a second season broadcasting in Japan and a movie to come, it doesn't end *yet*.

Things ain't looking good for my favourite character in the show, though. Finishing it off tomorrow night. I'm going to be on pins and needles just like I was with Black Lagoon...

Hawkmumbler

You can rest easy with Black Lagoon. We've had 1 chapter in 3 years. Theirs nothing left to adapt. :lol:

HdE

Heh! You have no idea how much I was expecting Revy to cop it in the series finale of that show. As the golden anime rule goes: If the manga ain't finished, nobody's safe!

Anyhoo, I'm still two episodes away from the finale of Psycho Pass season one. But I continued my current anime kick with a few episodes of Attack on Titan.

Not sure what I think of it so far. It's different, certainly, but the last couple of episodes weren't exacly what I'd call 'good'. I'm currently a bit mystified as to the popularity of it. But we'll see how it develops.

Hawkmumbler

Honestly i'd be surprised if Black Lagoon ever gets continued at this point. The 9th volume came out here 2 years ago and the 14th is due anytime now, but it contains the chapters published to date. Last on (Wild Red Card part 11 I believe) was published monthly back in 2013. Sad thing if Hiroe isn't as well known as his creation, so theirs not been any coverage on what he's actually been doing in this time. Which is gutting because I looove Black Lagoon in all it's cheesy over the top glory.

I'm an unashamed fan of Attack on Titan. I acknowledge it as a great series, if an imperfect one. Take [spoiler]Marco's death[/spoiler] for example. It was considered a huge catalyst for a number of the characters actions to join the survey corps, but it all felt a little forced because the viewers where never given any reason to care for him until the flashbacks. I won't hear a word against the animation though. As far as TV animated series go, AoT is one of the best this decade.

Tiplodocus

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

I'd dipped my toes in before and hadn't enjoyed it but with regular viewings, I've really enjoyed this. 

Noticed a strange change in physical appearances (and quality of jokes) between Seasons 3 and 4 and looked it up on Wiki only to find out 7 years had passed.  No wonder George Michael looks so different.

I don't like the episodes dedicated to one character but some of the running gags are still inspired.

Will Arnett is just fantastic in it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

I thought that final netflix-only season was very cleverly done - all one story but told and retold through different characters POV

Tiplodocus

Yes, I can see that it's clever (about four episodes in) but it's just not as funny (some individual brillint gags aside).  Lindsey's episode was terrible and half of the one where Michael meets Ron Howard was awful (but half, great!)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!