Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Good luck Mardroid - the fact that they've actively invited you to interview for a job you didn't apply for has got to be a good sign. They WANT you dude!

SmallBlueThing

Keep calm and wear your lucky underpants! Good luck mardroid!
SBT

Mardroid

TordelBack

Mardroid

Thanks. I got the job! Seemed he just wanted to talk it over with me, see what I thought of it. It's only part-time (with strong possibility of extending the hours later) from basic pay, but it beats dole money. (It's in Eltham a bus ride away so travel isn't that expensive.)

I felt a bit guilty as it turns out the manager (or Principle, in his case as he is the head of a college, I'll be on the admin staff) was someone who knows our family from a while back and has a lot of respect for my father. I only found this out this interview (I thought his face familiar, but I hadn't seen him in years. I think we're talking over 10 years ago.) Amusingly people would be sneering "deus ex machina" if that happened in a fictional story...

The Legendary Shark

That's great, Mardroid. Congratulations!

Now go and pop a cold one and have a celebrate - you've earned it!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Emp

COMMANDO FORCES

TordelBack

Good man Mardroid, now you can afford to stand us all a round at Banners' wedding.

Rog69

While searching for the entrance to the parallel universe where all my USB thumb drive migrate to, I not only found the one I was looking for but also the one I lost over a year ago along with the spare SD card for my camera :)

Bolt-01

I've managed to keep my job in the remixing here. I was hoping for an upgrade, but there was also the possibility of being seriously out of it. So on the whole- I'm glad to still be here.

Colin Zeal

It's Friday, the start of the Bank Holiday weekend and I've got an early finish this afternoon. I will be using this time to visit a few comic shops and see what goodies I can find. Life is good.

SmallBlueThing

Because I've got over 30 hours overtime pay due from this week, despite only doing an extra 11, thanks to the Bank Holiday and the relief staff being shit, meaning I have to cover at "short notice". I was due to meet up with Mr Forces and his family- but thankfully he understood the need to earn filthy lucre comes first.

PLUS- and this is brilliant- I'm currently sitting here watching 'Wingin' It' on CBBC- and I immediately recognised the "coach" actor as Eugene Clarke- better known to some of us as BIG DADDY in LAND OF THE DEAD! I love being a zombie nerd...

SBT

Colin Zeal

I did a lunchtime dash to Forbidden Planet and Prbital just now and picked up a few new items. In Orbital I got the Dredd annuals for 88, 90 and 91, with the 2000AD annuals for 89 and 91 for the combined total of £19.