Main Menu

Harry 20 for the meg?

Started by Generally Contrary, 08 April, 2003, 06:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

Is this going to happen, or did I imagine it?

paulvonscott

Not sure, but he got what he deserved, send em all to the High Rock!

;)

I have it in the best ofs, but I'd always read it again, one of my fave stories.

Generally Contrary

Eee, by eck, when ah wer a lad, me Grandad ust t'gi mi just enou pocket-money fur everey-other prog.

Coff.

And if I wanted the 'best of', I had to stop buying the prog.  And for Harry 20, I did.  But those issues are lost in the depths of time, so all I can remember is, I enjoyed it.

DavidXBrunt

Doesn't appeal to me. It was talked about, but more than that I dunno. After lenghty reprints of Flesh, Bad Company, and Slaine a few months of shorter tales would be appreciated by this tubby bitch. Or some of the Daily Star Dredds, or maybe Chronos Carnival 3, or Summer Magic, or the V.C.'s or...too many choices...

Last of the V8's

Dosn't appeal to me at all I'm afraid. Found it quite boring when I re-read it a while back. Only a curiosity peice for early Alan Davis art.
I think there are far better things to reprint i.e. HOOK-JAW.

Bolt-01

I'm well up for this. Big Alan Davis fan and have not got this paticular gem anymore.

It ran to twenty parts, IIRC, so it COULD be done in two chunks I imagine.

Rotts

The Monarch

i wouldn't mind seeing some older stuff such as hookjaw and maybe some of those other action strips

Quirkafleeg

Aiieeee The Jaws The Jaws!

Gotta be the fish!

IndigoPrime

God, I hope not. Having recently re-read Harry 20, it's not all that great anyway, and I'd love to see more non-2000AD reprint, such as the current Darkie's Mob. Mind you, unlike most readers, I've read pretty much everything from 2000AD from prog 300 onwards, and a fair chunk of the stuff before that, too...

McNulty

Harry Twenty was a good strip, but like many other Boarders, I own all the 2000AD and the Meg related progs and issues, so reprints in that area are not that needed for me.
Of course, I don't have access to the Daily Star Dredds outside the ones printed in the Meg and 2000AD already. I would be more than happy to have them reprinted...:)

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

The Big Man

What about the people who don't have the progs with Harry 20 in them ? I've only got a few episodes that were reprinted in Quality's 2000ad monthly and I'd like to read the rest.
"Is there a problem here ?"

DavidXBrunt

True, not everyone has the originals but they are accesable for people who are really interested. Quality reprints, Best ofs, and the original Progs are still reasonably priced and easy to get.

What I'd like to see is reprints of something harder to obtain, like Darkies Mob, and the Daily Star Dredds.

IndigoPrime

:: What about the people who don't have the progs with Harry 20 in them?

eBay. I've seen loads of best of 2000 ADs on there recently, in some cases going for about 10p each...

Grant Goggans

That may be true, but the Megazine can't thrive or survive on those readers committed enough to go buy and store boxes of old issues.  It may be a decent hook for a new reader because it's some old Alan Davis artwork they haven't seen before, or perhaps a reader who's returning to the fold.  I don't know if Harry 20 is a story I'd pick, but dismissing it just because us loons kept the original progs isn't the best reason.

Marbles

AFAIK 'Charleys War' will follow the bloody demise of 'Darkies Mob'- thats per the interview with Mills & Wagner in 'Word' magazine a month or so ago.
I reckon the 2K reprint after 'Slaine' will be a Wagner classic (there's a dark symmetry there..). My money's on 'Robohunter'.  

Link: http://www.frothersunite.com/files/marbles/fanboy/Word.html" target="_blank">'Word' magazine article

Remember - dry hair is for squids