Main Menu

Harry 20 for the meg?

Started by Generally Contrary, 08 April, 2003, 06:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Harry Twenty maybe for a Hardback reprint then.  I'd agree that seeing rarer and more obscure stuff would be better.

Certainly Robohunter is a prime contender.  I'm sure there are a lot of people fairly unfamiliar with Sam Slade in his original form, and could then maybe lead onto the COMPLETE hardback printing of his adventures.

Generally Contrary

Aha, hello from Hong Kong.  I'm not dead yet, hell, I've not even got a cough.  But I have washed my hands a great deal.  But I do wonder how many food poisoning deaths have been averted thanks to the increase in general standards of hygiene.

Sorry, that could sound like I was saying something about the previous levels of cleanliness.  Not at all.  It's just that now; you open a door, you wash your hands, you ride on a bus, you wash your hands, you use a computer, you wash your hands.  Amazing, but zip-zappity clean.

Anyway, apologies, reprints.  I actually agree (to some degree) with the argument that suggests stuff from 'beyond 2000AD'.  But in that case, I would love to see a 'best of' series, perhaps infrequent specials.  That way, all those prog 1 squaxx need not dent their wallets for material they own at least once over, while making the classics of 2000AD bibliohistory available to all.

I change my vote to 'Charley's War'.

W. R. Logan

>Certainly Robohunter is a prime contender.  I'm sure there are a lot of people fairly unfamiliar with Sam Slade in his original form, and could then maybe lead onto the COMPLETE hardback printing of his adventures.

Wagner has always said that Titan dont put out books with his name on as they dont sell. The Dredd reprints sell on the name of Dredd, unless its the Ennis period then his name is what they sell on.
A crying bloody shame, one of the best writers this countries produced and he's not 'hot' enough.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Before the excitement begins. Let's have a few words from the Judges
Roboservant, Walter.
How do you see this script going Walt?

That's a twicky one, Burt!
If the cwowd get wite behind him it could be a gweat scwipt!
On the other hand it could be a load of wubbish!

Tharg Saves The Day - Prog 182

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=JOHNW&Comic=&Field=" target="_blank">John Wagner

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/johnw.jpg">

paulvonscott

I was thinking of rebellion's new hardback graphic novel range for this.  There can't be many 2000AD fans who don't think Wagner's one of the best storytellers we have.

The only reason Ennis Dredd sells more is that he went through the whole American comic superstar bollocks.  Not a criticism of him I should point out, but great storyelling alone never seemed to impress the american market.  Let's be honest, the extra punters aren't even buying it for Dredd.

Definitely think some choice robohunter reprints followed by a rebellion complete hardback collection would be good!  Same for Ace Garp and Strontium Dog, Strips which were very popular and ran for some time but have never had the proper reprint treatment.  

Rogue Trooper, a complete run from the start to the end, in order, of GFD's run (including the one from moore and maybe cinnebar) would be great.

Slaine as well.  None of these have had a proper definitive edition reprint.  

And I'm sure if you did a bookclub complete dredd at reasonable rates you could get a few punters in.  Subscribe, get them say 25% or more cheaper, get one a month delivered.

In fact some sort of special 2000AD only bookclub could be pretty good, for fans and rebellion.

DavidXBrunt

I don't care what format it's in, but Verdus is long overdue the reprint treatment.

IndigoPrime

:: Rogue Trooper, a complete run from the start to the end, in order, of GFD's run (including the one from moore and maybe cinnebar) would be great.

Ack! That would be duuuuull. I agree about most of the others though.

I'd like to see some of John Smith's stuff, such as Firekind and Revere... Like that's ever gonna happen...

The Monarch

as my older issues that i picked up are stored away i wouldn't mind seeing robohunter verdus just so that people who may not have read it before sees how good it is and how much of a nightmarish monstrosity return to verdus was