Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Its faultless....not jealous much honestly  :-[
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Jim_Campbell

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. Definitely making some headway with this...

Big thumbs up to StaticGirl, Danbo, pops and exilewood... there's some good stuff on this thread!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Cpt Rhodes

A couple if images from a work in progress

Darren Stephens

Gorgeous stuff there, Cpt. Rhodes. Whats this for?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Cheers Jim, but to be fair seeing some of the stuff here rather overshadows my enthusiastic amateurish attempts. Any tips or advice from you talented people would be much appreciated
You may quote me on that.

SuperSurfer

Vampire Vixens look hot. I see you had to get the Dad's Army map behind old Winston, Captain. Cool stuff.

That inking is looking highly accomplished Jim. I could see that style working with Gibson Quarter's art.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 18 September, 2010, 05:44:16 PM
That inking is looking highly accomplished Jim. I could see that style working with Gibson Quarter's art.

Thanks, Surfer. I inked GQ's last outing for Fractal Friction:

I have a page of pencils from one of his sample Dredd pages that I'm working on at the moment, too.

Cheers!

Jim

SIP

Some excellent stuff their guys.  Jim - the inking is looking fantastic.

A work in progress from me. This will be in colour but heres a look at the inks so far....

Cheers

Simon.

Cpt Rhodes

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 18 September, 2010, 05:29:31 PM
Gorgeous stuff there, Cpt. Rhodes. Whats this for?

Due to be published (hopefully as an ongoing strip) in Wasted, early in the new year.

Darren Stephens

Nice one. Good luck with it. Jim and Simon, excellent work, both of you, too. Wonder Woman seems to be having a re-surgence of late. :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 18 September, 2010, 06:48:46 PM
Due to be published (hopefully as an ongoing strip) in Wasted, early in the new year.

I hear the lettering will be fantastic.

:-)

Cheers!

Jim

Cpt Rhodes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 September, 2010, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 18 September, 2010, 06:48:46 PM

I hear the lettering will be fantastic.

:-)

Cheers!

Jim

I have no doubt it will be.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 September, 2010, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 18 September, 2010, 05:44:16 PM

Thanks, Surfer. I inked GQ's last outing for Fractal Friction:

I have a page of pencils from one of his sample Dredd pages that I'm working on at the moment, too.

Cheers!

Jim

That looks very good but i didnt realise you inked professionally as you said yourself that you were in the process of learning to ink.You certainly kept that quiet.

:o

Having said that even if you are inking professionally you never stop learning anyway.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 18 September, 2010, 10:28:04 PM
That looks very good but i didnt realise you inked professionally as you said yourself that you were in the process of learning to ink.You certainly kept that quiet.

Much as we'd like it to be otherwise, Fractal isn't a professional gig. GQ generously pitched in (as do all of our guest artists) and in this case, he was able to step in at very short notice and supply us with a page of fantastic pencils, which I inked and our own MyGrimmBrother coloured.

As I've said on my dA page, I nearly stepped up to do some deadline-relief inks on a title I was lettering for, but otherwise I'm trying to get good, after which I'll try to get fast, and then I'll see if anyone wants to give me some paying work!

I've been very impressed with the brush work that you've shared, PW, so your kind words are much appreciated. :-)

Quote from: Simon Penter on 18 September, 2010, 06:24:27 PM
Some excellent stuff their guys.  Jim - the inking is looking fantastic.

Big fan of your work, and particularly your incredibly clean ink style, Simon, so thanks!

Cheers

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 18 September, 2010, 10:02:08 PM
I have no doubt it will be.

I'm really looking forward to it. I promise to find a lettering style that properly sets off your bloody lovely artwork.

Cheers!

Jim