Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

Mardroid

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 28 May, 2011, 10:26:08 PM
And yes, I have nicked his tats from Khal Drogo!

Very good. I like that you've made all the tatoos blue. Much as I like the comics art, I sometimes feel a bit miffed when I see those black paint/tattoos over the eyes! He's supposed to be celtic*. Not a native American!** BLUE WOAD! (Actually I think it was the picts who were renowned for that, but I think other Celtic people in ancient times used the woad too.)

Yeah, I know. A silly thing to be irritated about as we don't know they didn't use any black, and he is a fantasy character, and supposed to be more a precursor of the historical celts, or some-such.  And to be fair, it is a fearsome look.

*or pre-celtic...

**Not that they all did that, but I think some of them did.

mygrimmbrother

That's awesome, full of menace.

Van Dom

Brilliant, Johnny! Very menacing, getting a cool old-school horror comic vibe off that one. Could be right out of Scream! Have you ever drawn a horror strip? I think you'd do a good job of it based on that one image!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

johnnystress

Thanks lads

VD-- i did a few Horror strips a while back; Something Wicked and the Misty and Scream fanzines

I'd love to do more...if i wasn't so lazy

Cpt Rhodes

WARNING: This image used to contain traces of nuts.

One of the panels from the latest vixens strip, strongly inspired by the Bond poster  For Your Eyes Only.
Thought it best to cover it up a bit for those of a sensitive nature.

Colin YNWA

What others do in a poster Alex does in a panel.

Magnificent!

Albion

Saucy stuff there Alex.
Some great stuff from you talented peeps recently.
Now for my crap.

I recently brewed a Top Dog Stout so it obviously had to have Johnny Alpha on the label.
I started to draw a new Alpha pic but gave up and used this one I did ages ago instead.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

mygrimmbrother

I'd love to try out some of these brews Albion - any chance you could have a few crates shipped to the next con? ;)

Cpt Rhodes

Ditto on that. I'll try anything once and a Top Dog Stout sounds like an ideal con brew.

Steve Green

MacMac surely? Or maybe that should be spirits :)

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 May, 2011, 08:06:56 PM
What others do in a poster Alex does in a panel.

Exactly my thoughts when I'd get a panel turn up in my email. Its like Christmas just with scantily clad Nazis (so like Christmas with the Royal Family then after too much sherry).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 31 May, 2011, 08:16:50 PM
I'd love to try out some of these brews Albion - any chance you could have a few crates shipped to the next con? ;)

Same here - ! *ponders the possibility of 2000ad cider*

and Alex. My brain.

My brain has melted.