Main Menu

UNDT Round 4 Heat 1: Mean Machine Angel vs Marlon Shakespeare

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 September, 2020, 06:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

In the Red corner butting in from Prog 160. He's had more marriages than he has arms. Its

Mean Angel (Judge Dredd) - more info

In the blue corner , the writings been on the wall since Prog 206. His hair weighs as much as his knee pads its

Marlon Shakespeare Judge Dredd) - more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Sunday 13th September.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

And there's more about the structure of the tournament to be read

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Mean Angel for the win. I like Marlon, dont get me wrong, but Mean was one of the most significant characters (and notably, images) that cemented 2000AD in my young brain and made it obvious this wasnt just "another ordinary comic". He's been misused horribly over the years, he's been gelded and turned into a character for whom appearances in the prog and Meg have been greeted with a long groan. But at the start- up to say, Destiny's Angel's, he was something very special. So Mean gets it, for me.

SBT

Magnetica

Yes Mean has been over used over the years and that makes me inclined not to vote for him. But the same applies to Chopper.

So a scrawler turned surfer versus a bloke with a dial in his head to control his emotions?

Really it's no contest:

Mean.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 10 September, 2020, 07:31:09 AM
Mean Angel for the win. I like Marlon, dont get me wrong, but Mean was one of the most significant characters (and notably, images) that cemented 2000AD in my young brain and made it obvious this wasnt just "another ordinary comic". He's been misused horribly over the years, he's been gelded and turned into a character for whom appearances in the prog and Meg have been greeted with a long groan.

Same could be said for Chopper for me - from Supersurf 7 to Song of the Surfer, the stories were pretty much flawless.  Everything that came after was just treading post-shark-jump water.

Mean - even as a cyborg hillbilly, he's absolutely unique.  But a cyborg hillbilly who can control his levels of aggression with a forehead dial - you just don't get that anywhere else.

Mean wins.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tomwe

Marlon Shakespeare! Both had strong series during my entry to the world of Dredd but I'll always love Supersurf.

AlexF

Love Chopper, but frankly just for that one flashback epsiode in 'the Fink' where they showed how 'nice' mean was turned into 'mean' mean, I mean it's MEAN. 2000AD in a (hard) nut shell.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Don't want the surfer to be surly but it has to be

MEAN ANGEL
Lock up your spoons!

WhizzBang

rogue69

sheridan

They're both great and both have suffered from over exposure, but Rising Angel wins Mean first place for me.

Bolt-01