Main Menu

UNDT Round 4 Heat 2: Old One Eye vs Wulf Sternhammer

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 September, 2020, 06:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

In the Red corner devouring humans since Prog 1, she's an oldie but a goodie, just like this line, with the brain the size of a kittens' its

Old One Eye (Flesh) - more info

In the blue corner, stuffing socks in orifices Prog 86 (well 'Starlord' 1 really). He certainly wouldn't have known what a cucumber was until being transported into the future its

Wulf Sternmallet (Strontium Dog) -  more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Sunday 13th September.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

And there's more about the structure of the tournament to be read

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Wulf runs rings around the tyrannosaur before using the Happy Stick.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've got to go for Old One Eye.

Wulf was always my favourite part of the Stront stories- more so than Johnny. But Old One Eye is a HAG TYRANNOSAUR with A PERSONALITY. The true hero of one of the most perfect stories 2000AD has ever run- that first book of Flesh. She was the first indication that while the prog was quite happy to blatantly rip off other media in its quest to grab the attention of small boys, it was clever enough to turn those rip offs on their head and produce something altogether different and more profound. In this case, the humans were the monsters and it was really the dinosaurs for whom the readership should be rooting. I got that when I was eight and I remember my dinosaurs vs cowboys toy-fights were never the same again afterwards. I'm not sure when The Valley of Gwangi was first shown on tv, but the double-blow of that and Fleah book one meant my sympathies were always on the side of the terrible lizards. So yeah, Old One Eye.

SBT

Magnetica

Mr Hammerstein

sorry let's try that again

Mr Sternhammer

Not that's not it

Mr Sternhammer

No....no....that's not quite right.

Anyway you know who I mean. 😉

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

Wulf. I don't think Wagner is given enough credit for the mad idea of giving a mutant bounty hunter from the future a partner who is a literal viking. It's the same principle as putting cowboys together with dinosaurs but much less likely! Although quitre possibly it was Carlos who sketched him up first and then Wagner thought 'guess that's a Viking, guess I'm going with that then. Huh.'

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 September, 2020, 09:04:53 AM
I'm going with MC Sternhammer.

Oh I had my next missing spelling lined up but I might use that one...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

paddykafka

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: AlexF on 10 September, 2020, 09:27:48 AM
Wulf. I don't think Wagner is given enough credit for the mad idea of giving a mutant bounty hunter from the future a partner who is a literal viking. It's the same principle as putting cowboys together with dinosaurs but much less likely! Although quitre possibly it was Carlos who sketched him up first and then Wagner thought 'guess that's a Viking, guess I'm going with that then. Huh.'

I don't think anyone considered Wolf Sternocleidomastoid a literal Viking till the Rage storyline, when Wagner and Grant decided he might as well be.  It wasn't really a retcon; as I don't believe his origin story had been told before, but up until then I think everyone considered him a Viking-like future guy; with a German accent for some reason.  I could be wrong - as an SD Norm he did stand out a bit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Magnetica

Doh!

I misspelled one of my misspellings.

The middle one should have been Steinhammer.

Tomwe

rogue69

Bolt-01