Main Menu

Regened is returning – to the Judge Dredd Megazine

Started by IndigoPrime, 21 May, 2024, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

What Jim said. I'm not dismissing people who have constructive criticism and genuine concerns. I'm talking about people who are whining. I've seen enough bullshit about Full Tilt Boogie alone today to last me a lifetime. And that's not even going in the Meg. (And, yes, the "Regened crap" brush is being used often sine the announcement.)

nxylas

If you don't like Regened, it will be a lot easier to skip as part of the Meg than it was when it took up an entire prog 4 times a year.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on Today at 04:08:46 PMWhat Jim said. I'm not dismissing people who have constructive criticism and genuine concerns. I'm talking about people who are whining. I've seen enough bullshit about Full Tilt Boogie alone today to last me a lifetime. And that's not even going in the Meg. (And, yes, the "Regened crap" brush is being used often sine the announcement.)

Fair enough - it's a bit difficult when I'm not seeing the other statements - although that's not a request to print Farcebook/Twatter diatribes in here. (Just in case it's not obvious, I shy away from those platforms.)

I really liked the last series of Boogie Wonderland - I thought it built well from the first. If I was going to complain, it would only be about the time between series.

Regened, for whatever value it holds, has never really had a suitable home - and I don't think that's done it any favors in terms of perception (even if it has worked out in other ways).

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: nxylas on Today at 05:33:36 PMIf you don't like Regened, it will be a lot easier to skip as part of the Meg than it was when it took up an entire prog 4 times a year.

Defo this.

I shouldn't have looked but I looked. The natching of teeth over at one Facebook Group (not that one I'm not desperate enough to go there!) is astonishing.

Its absolutely fine not to like Regened. In fact I rather ranted and lost it about the quality of the last me to my shame (but love it in principle I should note). But folks are saying they'll cancel their sub over this.

I mean you pays ya money and takes ya choice. I like what you like. All that stuff, but really cancelling your sub cos your getting new content over reprint... really...

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on Today at 06:41:20 PMcancelling your sub cos your getting new content over reprint... really...

That is mad when you think of the history of the Megazine. If you made it through Volume #3 intact, then it's all gravy from there.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

IndigoPrime

Two years of Preacher. Two years. And it just stopped. Didn't even get completed. nearly 600 pages of comic, and it just stopped. But, yeah, it's 11 pages of Pandora Perfect that's the reason to cancel a sub.

(The people laying into that doubly pissed me off today because I really like Roger Langridge. I'd like to see more of his stuff, not less.)

broodblik

Well does not matter what other people are saying and doing I will enjoy my meg every month. Yes, sometimes I will say that some strips are not my cup of tea but the sun will rise tomorrow again.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Lawman of the Present

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 May, 2024, 07:08:56 PMPure speculation on my part, but this suggests that the TPBs have sold well enough for it not to really matter where the serialised pages run, as long as there's a book's worth at the end.

Replying to an older comment here; I'd agree however the planned fifth volume, solicited for May last year, never materialised. Instead, more recently, Cadet Dredd is getting its own collection. So did Pandora and Department K, perhaps more that I'm not aware of.

Does this suggest the collected Regened volumes didn't sell as expected? Or is it just changing to character-specific collections instead now? I guess every reader will have their favourites.

Magnetica

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on Today at 01:28:13 PMProbably worth bearing in mind that I strongly suspect a non-trivial percentage of the "I'm cancelling my subscription" brigade haven't bought either 2000AD or the Meg for decades.

It makes me laugh when I see posts along the lines of "the Prog is crap these days...I haven't read it in years".

Because you can really get a feel for it by flicking through it in WHSmith's.