Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 May, 2021, 03:21:48 PM
Turns out I'm the bigger idiot - I rattled the narcissist's cage and now he's stalking me IRL.

You must have struck a nerve then :thumbsup:
Either that, or he's making another attempt at a "comedy" video...

Jim_Campbell

Turns out I'm the bigger idiot - I rattled the narcissist's cage and now he's stalking me IRL.

A man who thinks it's funny to call routinely people paedophiles on public forums turns out to be deeply creepy, sad little man? I'm shocked by this development. Shocked, tell you.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I have scarcely a clue who or what you're all talking about.  Probably for the best.

Me, my front motorbike brake jammed last Tuesday while I was on my way to the mechanic's to get the front brake of my motorbike fixed.  Now I'm hobbling about with a stick and have a bruise that looks like the spot on Jupiter.  And plenty of other scrapes and bruises to add to it.  And an extra 350 nicker to pay out to the mechanic.

But, to be fair, I was very lucky.  No bones broken, and my neighbour who drives a van happened to drive past very soon after the accident and brought both me and the bike home.  He patched me up and took the bike to the mechanic's.  The man's a fecking saint - he's the same lad whose garden I watched the Wicker Man in last weekend, if anyone follows the Last Movie Watched thread.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 May, 2021, 06:51:50 PM
But, to be fair, I was very lucky.  No bones broken, and my neighbour who drives a van happened to drive past very soon after the accident and brought both me and the bike home.  He patched me up and took the bike to the mechanic's.

...and then you went to the hospital?

paddykafka

Ah, feck that, Jayzus! I hope that you'll recover soon. And well done on your neighbour for helping out, too.

Funt Solo

Welcome to the hobbling club!

Look after yourself and hope you've not done yourself a serious injury.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bad City Blue

Do you have a screen shot of that?

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 May, 2021, 05:44:19 PM

A man who thinks it's funny to call routinely people paedophiles on public forums turns out to be deeply creepy, sad little man? I'm shocked by this development. Shocked, tell you.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 06 May, 2021, 07:22:19 PM
Do you have a screen shot of that?

I have a screenshot of the time (or the time that I'm aware of) that he did it to me, yes. But he, and the jolly little crew he hangs out with, do it all the time. They think it's 'edgy' and 'darkly humorous' to compare people to Jimmy Savile or imply they should be on a sex offenders register. It's not.

The Legendary Shark

Cripes, JBC - I'm glad to hear you're not badly hurt and hope you heal up pdq.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2021, 06:53:45 PM
...and then you went to the hospital?

I think that would be a very good idea. Wishing you the fullest and speediest of recoveries, JBC.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, all!

I didn't go to the hospital I'm afraid, I said I'd give it a night and see how well I was doing in the morning. I did feel a bit better then and now I feel I could probably function without the stick - it's nice to have it though when things get a bit twinge.  But the twinginess is far less frequent than it was.

So I think I've been very lucky and avoided serious damage. Again, really appreciate your good wishes.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 May, 2021, 11:00:08 PM
So I think I've been very lucky and avoided serious damage. Again, really appreciate your good wishes.

Good news, sir. Best wishes for a continued recovery.

JayzusB.Christ

Link Prime

Glad to hear you're still with us JBC - sounds like a close one.

And a virtual hug for all those middle aged men continuing the eternal struggle against their Twitter enemies.
You gots this, dawg.