Main Menu

Prog 1662 - The Smuggler

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 12 November, 2009, 04:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev Levell

Guilty as charged M'lud. Apologies Jimbo, please don't put me on the list.

Pete Wells

Yup, I'm firmly with the moaners here. We certainly did agree to have a seperate thread for the cover image. You'll still get to put the cover up each week Batson but it doesnt have to be in the review thread. At the minute we're often not getting a prog review until the second page of messages which seems a bit silly. As others have said, I too miss the chance to 'bag' the review thread with one of my over excited reviews.

No one's grumbling about you posting the cover Batson, we like it, just will you stop doing in in the review thread?

amberkraken

I just saw how many posts were in this thread, and thought 'Damn, everyone's got the prog already!' but no...curse you! *shakes fist*

oh, wait now I've contributed *shakes fist at himself*

Mike Gloady

You're just making it worse, Kraken. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

As a shelf-buying Squaxx, it's bugger all different to me whether Batson gives us the cover, or some jammy subber posts "Just had time to flick through Dredd, proper review later".

But I suppose the needs of the many means we get the one with Christopher Lloyd, rather than the one with the whales.

I bagged the Prog thread once, you know.  It felt good and nerdy.

Richmond Clements

Never bagged a prog thread, but I did get the review thread once over at the Fortean Times boards. That made me feel rather good.

locustsofdeath!

I don't mind whether the cover is posted on the revew thread or not, so I agree with everybody - carry on!

I also agree that, though this is a very nice image, all Slaine covers seem to look very samey...so is this the cover thread or the review thread?

Satanist

I was robbed, FUCKING ROBBED of bagging the review thread 2 weeks ago because some dangleberry did this exact same thing.

not that I'm bitter that my one fleeting chance of glory was stolen from me.

Bastards!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

And, y'know, it might not be so bad, Batson, but this as all you seem to do on the board!

Goaty

yeah Batson want to knows spoilers of Prog on here than read it...?

Proudhuff

I'm with the moaning minnies here, Review Thread, there IS a clue in the title.
DDT did a job on me

Peter Wolf

I dont want to see a cover image in the review thread either thanks.

I am 41 yrs of age but i still like a surprise on a Wednesday and posting the cover image here ruins it.

Really though since i dont read until Wednesday i shouldnt even be reading the review thread but like someone else said prog cover review thread and prog review thread are 2 different things and i prefer them not to mix and its not difficult to differentiate between the two threads if you read the titles of them.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting James S....

Why do all Slaine covers look the same. Very impressive, but nevertheless. I still prefered 'The Amber Smuggler' title. Fnar! 

End of Quote

I 've noticed there's been a cerntain trend with alot of Clint Lanely's painted Slaine covers. There were a few from the days during the first half of the Books Of Invasion that was just of Slaine. Three of which I couldn't accuratly discribe without confusing them for one another without having them right in front of me.

If you mean all of the Slaine covers ever done...

Well I don't think that could be helped and it just goes with the territory.

Looking at the cover.... Thats a good dynamic compositon, with Slaine crouching either after touching down or ready to pounce or both.......but caught resting momentarily on a piece of what I think could be amber.

....& here I thought it was beer,....honey.... or perhaps Slaine is accustomed to running around with his bladder full.

Hence, the original title name Amber Smuggler

I don't mind if it's been shortened and the Amber definitly appears to be there in the image.

Noticing the image of the girl in the lump of amber.

I wonder if her name is Amber?

I wonder if Slaine's smuggleing her?

I once thoughg Clint Lanely pours gold. My words exactly, in a account I made years ago, when I first started collecting his work.

He should print money at the mint. Money with a image of Slaine.

Looking at the amber!

Thats gold!

Thats money.

James Stacey

I meant all Clints 'photo realistic' ones TS. He has an awesome ability and they are such nice covers ... they just all look .. samey. Bit rich coming from me really as I could fuck up drawing of a stick man.  ;D

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I don't mind in the slightest, as I get my progs every two weeks, so by the time I've read them, my opinions can be two weeks out of date. As long as the cover thread is made distinctly separate from the review thread.
To be fare to Batson, he has also provided us with some the vaguest questions I have ever heard.