Main Menu

Pay it Forward

Started by Tjm86, 01 December, 2009, 07:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Having been the recipient of Colin_YNWA's largesse ( and overwhelming desire to acquire living space which I can empathise with )  and in the seasonal spirit I am making the following offer to anyone who is interested.  Free to a good home, postage paid: 2000ad annuals 1989, 1991, 1993 and Judge Dredd Annual 1990.  My only condition is that whoever wants them makes a similar offer of something else that they think they can part with with the same condition.

Any takers?

Colin YNWA

Now that sir is a great idea!

Tjm86

Thanks, probably should have mentioned that any interested bodies should PM, but that might be a bit too obvious.  Then again, we all know what assume makes! ;)

Will also make the following additional offers:

Megazine 1, 7, 210, 215, 217

2000ad 482, 486, 487, 489, 490, 492, 493, 494, 498, 499

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Tweak72

I have just found that i have about three each of all those annuals (I inherited 2 peoples collections) I am sourly tempted by the Megs but Mrs Tweak may very well disagree.

The Prog slog of sorting my comic collection is almost done however. My trades (not just 2000ad) alone take up one 2x2 EXPEDIT Shelving unit and one 4x2 EXPEDIT Bookcase :S

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Tjm86

Quote from: Tweak72 on 02 December, 2009, 04:03:05 PM
I have just found that i have about three each of all those annuals (I inherited 2 peoples collections) I am sourly tempted by the Megs but Mrs Tweak may very well disagree.

The Prog slog of sorting my comic collection is almost done however. My trades (not just 2000ad) alone take up one 2x2 EXPEDIT Shelving unit and one 4x2 EXPEDIT Bookcase :S

Know the feeling.  Some of these came from trying to fill gaps via ebay.  I've taken to a combination of filing cabinet, 'really useful boxes' and comic boxes ( sorry have to confess to a slight affection for some american titles, although they are waning in interest now ).  I assume that is 'sorely' although I suppose it could work both ways!

Anyhoo, the previously offered items have now been claimed and will shortly be winging their way to a new home.  Be interesting to see what gets offered in return.

Noisybast

I'll take the '89 2K and the '90 Dredd, if you still have them.

For my part, I still have eight big Tesco "Bag For Life"s cluttering up my living room, crammed full of progs spanning 300-ish to 1400-ish. If you have any gaps in your collection, now's the time to shout!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tjm86

The first offering has been bagged and will be winging its way to a new home shortly.  Will be interesting to see what is offered up next.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Tjm86 on 05 December, 2009, 05:38:14 AM
The first offering has been bagged and will be winging its way to a new home shortly.  Will be interesting to see what is offered up next.

Up next, will be a number of trade collectios, including Durham Red: The Vermin Stars (biggedy 2000AD Books version, with added flaps). I just need to sort the rest out- so please nobody PM me til I've posted the whole list.

Again- free (and free postage) to whoever wants them, on the proviso that they too offer something to the board.

"Offer something to the board"? What is this, sacrifice on Tharg Island? Yeah! Let's do THAT!

SBT

Bolt-01

My turn.

Thanks to the gerosity of TJM, I now have an extra THRILL-POWERED pressie to open on Christmas day- and if you hurry, so can you!

I'm paying it forward with a copy of 'WAY OF THE BAREFOOT ZOMBIE' by Jaspre Bark. I cab get this in the post on Monday, so if you want it- please PM me and remember- If you take this off my hands- then you too must PAY IT FORWARD with something free for the board.

locustsofdeath!

Can this be anything, or does everyone prefer comic/2000AD products?

I have a few Robert E. Howard paperbacks. I also have a couple of issues of Crossed (have to check the numbers), several Dark Horse and Marvel Conans, a few Dynamite Red Sonjas, Rawbone issue #1, Viking #1, a few Northlanders...I'll post a complete list later if this stuff appeals to anyone!

SmallBlueThing

I haven't forgotten- and thanks to Tjm am soon to be in receipt of STUFF! STUFF in return to be posted to the board soon- first come first served.

SBT

Tjm86

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 19 December, 2009, 09:31:06 AM
Can this be anything, or does everyone prefer comic/2000AD products?

I have a few Robert E. Howard paperbacks. I also have a couple of issues of Crossed (have to check the numbers), several Dark Horse and Marvel Conans, a few Dynamite Red Sonjas, Rawbone issue #1, Viking #1, a few Northlanders...I'll post a complete list later if this stuff appeals to anyone!

suppose having initiated this would give some duty of care for the provision of rules.  The only one is if someone takes up an offer they post up something else - no restrictions beyond that applied by common sense ( so nothing dodgy like Maggie Thatchers' memoirs or any writings by Tony Bliar ).  If there is an interest then no doubt the new offer will be taken up.  To be honest I am adopting the same level of trust as with Colin.  Did not ask for anything, even postage, so seems only fair that others get the same offer. 

Colin YNWA

Should just qualify that a little, my level of trust etc. I respect the people on this board and trust that if stuff is offered etc it'll arrive. I wasn't fussed to pay for postage for a few items but when it became a number of items I asked for postage to be covered. I'm lucky a couple of quid to post something here and there isn't a big deal to me BUT some people might feel they want to recoup postage cost and rightly so.

I'm getting rid of stuff to a good home were it'll be appreciated so as far as I'm concerned all good, everyones a winner BUT while I think Tjm86 idea is a blinder and stuff here should be passed on for free I don't want to be held up as an example when it comes to postage and people should be prepared to cover postage. To be honest if I wasn't so lazy I'd have probably done that!

Tjm86

sorry colin, maybe 'trust' was the wrong word to use.  I just appreciated the gesture and felt that it would have been churlish to accept without doing something.  I should qualify that it is only within the context of this thread, and not something that I would expect people in general to adopt.  If people are passing on the same quantity as has been sent so far then the postage is not so much free as covered in the next dispatch.  Sorry if I am misrepresenting you in any way, that was the least of my intentions!