Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 22 - Paperback, 13th August 2024.

CF 22 seems to be getting a reprint next year.  Perhaps because it contains work by John Burns?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in January 2024:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! 2000 AD surges into the new year with a terrifying Judge Dredd thriller, "Iron Teeth," by Ken Niemand and Nick Percival, plus there's folk horror with the start of the third series of Thistlebone by T.C. Eglington and Simon Davis, and environmental carnage in the concluding arc of Enemy Earth by Cavan Scott and Luke Horsman! Plus The Devil's Railroad, Feral & Foe, The Fall of Deadworld, and Helium all wrap up.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in January 2024:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! A monstrous new Judge Dredd thriller starts this issue, "Ravenous," by Mike Carroll and Anthony Williams, plus there's the debut of Caledonian action series "Harrower Squad" by David Baillie and Steve Yeowell, a complete Tale From the Black Museum by David Barnett and Lee Milmore, the conclusion of both DeMarco, P.I. and Spector, and the next chapters of Johnny Red by Ennis and Burns and Hookjaw by Si Spurrier and Conor Boyle, and interviews, features and much more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Nice to see Anthony Williams coming back to Tharg's Thrill-pastures.

broodblik

Maybe I am soused to the Xmas prog being a starting point of new stories so it will be strange that The New Year we will not start a fresh new coat.

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Dash Decent

2000 AD vs. Battle Action: Comics Collide! - Paperback, 16th July 2024, 128 pages

THE CROSSOVER 50 YEARS IN THE MAKING!

What if the old Battle Action comic was merged with 2000 AD in the early '80s? That's the question posed by this all-new collection that reveals the answer is - action-packed thrills by the bucket-load. It takes old Battle Action strips and reworks them as 2000 AD-appropriate adventures, while remaining true to their original concept and continuity.

This kick-ass crossover sees Judge Dredd feature in a brand-new reimagining of Action's most controversial strip - Kids Rule O.K., and also includes Darkie's Mob, Death Game 2049 and Major Eazy amongst others.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

rogue69

So is this just the prog we had awhile back or some new stories

Dash Decent

Comments elsewhere say it's just collecting what's already been seen.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Big book JOHN M BURNS: ILLUSTRATOR in the works.  400+ pages scanned from original art.  Call for anyone with art here, plus a few sample pics.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd by Brian Bolland: Masterpiece Edition - Paperback, 160 pages, 18th June 2024

Reprinting the immediately sold-out Judge Dredd by Brian Bolland Apex Edition this Masterpiece Edition is expanded and reformated for a wider audience.

Judge Dredd by Brian Bolland: Masterpiece Edition – Acclaimed as one of the greatest artists of his generation for his work on such titles as Camelot 3000 and Batman: The Killing Joke, Brian Bolland's work on Judge Dredd helped catapult both the series and Bolland himself to international acclaim.

This book will include pages from the Judge Dredd epics; The Cursed Earth, The Day the Law Died, The Judge Child Quest, and Bolland's masterpiece Judge Death Lives. Also included is a gallery of covers ranging from 2000 AD to the Judge Dredd reprints published by Eagle Comics which brought Brian to the attention of American readers and show off Bolland's inventiveness and sardonic humour.[/i]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

NOT from the House of Tharg, but four years after volume 1 appeared, DCT's second bigged-up reprint of two Starblazer digests has materialised.  Check back in 2027 for news of volume 3...

Starblazer: Space Fiction Adventures in Pictures vol. 2 - Paperback, 144 pages, 25th October 2023

STARBLAZER Volume 2 Interstellar Space Fiction Adventure in Pictures! Beaming down from outer space and into your hands is Starblazer Volume 2! This astronomical anthology collects two classic Starblazer issues from DC Thomson's extra-terrestrial archives: The Web of Arcon by Mike Knowles, illustrated by Carlos Pino and John Martin, and The Death Reaper by Grant Morrison, illustrated by Enrique Alcatena and Keith Robson. These two vintage issues from 1979 and 1984 have been blown up to full-graphic novel.

Also included in this volume are an exclusive interview with legendary artist Carlos Pino (Commando, 2000 AD's Judge Dredd), cover gallery, and foreword by Doctor Who screenwriter and comic author Paul Cornell.

The Web of Arcon - Reconnaissance ships patrolled the dark recesses of the Galaxy. As these ships were largely automatic, the crew spent long periods doing nothing. But on his first deep space trip, the newly commissioned Lieutenant Janus was about to encounter The Star Queen, a spaceship long thought lost and destroyed. Well, the truth about its fate was stranger – and more dangerous – than fiction! First published Starblazer #12, 1979.

The Death Reaper - Mikal R. Kayn was a policeman. He was forcibly retired by the Republic of the United Worlds' Department of Justice, Star Cops, for methods to be found in no book... and a slight medical problem – he was all but blind. However, being medically blind didn't stop Kayn from becoming a Private Investigator, in fact, the Justice Department were delighted, because it got him off their backs. Well, almost... on March 23, 2284, Kayn's old partner, Affa, still a Galactic Policeman, was in the middle of an investigation and he needed Kayn's help! First published Starblazer #141, 1984.

The volume is once again capped off with an interstellar cover by Neil Roberts (2000 AD, Warhammer, Commando).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

GoGilesGo

Some Thought Bubble announcements here

https://www.thepopverse.com/2000-ad-judge-dredd-rebellion-thought-bubble-2023-liveblog

Arthur Ranson Apex Edition; Complete Button Man Apex Edition.

also looks like the Bolland paperback will not be the only Master Works paperback.

Colin YNWA

Ohh that's cool. So if you can get one which do you get?

Complete Button Man Apex

Of Arthur Ranson Apex

I'm really torn as I LOVE his Anderson... but come on complate Button Man original reprint... wow...