Main Menu

New specials: 2000 AD, Cor!!, Tammy, Vigilant, and more

Started by IndigoPrime, 13 February, 2019, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

A proper big slab of news today, with a whopping EIGHT new Rebellion specials over the next seven months. Six of them are available in a bundle, which seems quite the bargain. 20 quid for all six (saving six quid), free shipping, and sent as and when they're released.

You can order the 2019 specials bundle from the 2000 AD shop.

broodblik

This is exciting news. Hopefully all these specials will be available digitally as well. Interesting to see that prog 2130 will be a 100-pager.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Leigh S

Not that far off!  In some ways, wish they ahd included the Roy of the Rovers in the bundle, as it will be hard to bring myself to buy it otherwise - (football argh!), but see the sense in keeping it separate

Richard

Thanks for this. Useful to know.

I'm especially looking forward to prog 2130.

Bolt-01

Tomwe

Just placed my order. My only question is why were the other two excluded from the deal? To keep it to a nice round figure?

IndigoPrime

My guess: the 99p special is a comic-store-only thing (to tie into FCBD) and ROTR alone would add 50% to the bundle price. How many people who think "six specials for 20 quid – done!" wouldn't be so excited about seven for 30?

broodblik

From the Hollywood Reporter about prog 2130 is that it will be called 2000 AD Regen for one episode since it will be "taken" over by the kids: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/2000-ad-publisher-reveals-ambitious-comic-book-plans-2019-1186305
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Leigh S

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 February, 2019, 02:04:00 PM
My guess: the 99p special is a comic-store-only thing (to tie into FCBD) and ROTR alone would add 50% to the bundle price. How many people who think "six specials for 20 quid – done!" wouldn't be so excited about seven for 30?

Villains special IS included in the bundle - its the Regene and Roy of the Rovers excluded - Roy probably for the reasons you give and Regene because I am presuming as it is technically prog 2130, I will get that with my sub?

IndigoPrime

Oops. Well, in that case the Prog would come as part of the sub. The ROTR thinking stands.

O Lucky Stevie!

According to Down The Tubes the Tammy & Jinty Special is

QuoteFull of all-new material and edited by Lizzie Boyle

Nice one!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Wow well done Lizzie.

It's also interesting to note Rebellion are dabbling with boosting their editorial as well as creative line ups.

Bolt-01

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

CalHab

This package is a great idea on Rebellion's part. I would probably only buy two or three of these individually, but have instead ordered the lot.