Main Menu

2000AD's review of 2009 and the decade.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 31 December, 2009, 07:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 01 January, 2010, 12:12:19 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 December, 2009, 08:08:06 PM
My God, they can be a miserable bunch of fuckers over at the 2000AD review. I'm afraid I got as far as "2009 wasn't a classic year for covers" and I had to pack it in before they spoiled my evening.

Bah!

Jim

Read what I said!

I read what you said, you are a force of positivity and wonder! I agreed with lots of what you said too, except the Cradlegrave stuff which wasn't my cup of tea at all I'm afraid.

The Monarch

If my brother wasn't in hospital during the period in which the picks for this were sent in. The following would be my list

best cover 2009

the cradlegrave hoodies one from 1633

cover of the decade

the chris weston pj maybe cover from meg 231 (I think it was 231)

best dredd of 2009

under new management

best dredd  of the decade

six

best story of 2009

cradlegrave

best story of the decade

cabalistics inc (shocked no one voted for it aside from two hms actually)

best moment of 2009

Dredd being pretty much booted out of mega city one

best moment of the decade

now this was hard as hell theres been so many but my vote has to go to pj maybe becoming mayor of mega city one. hm winwood and cord showing up in dead eyes. The entire last act of tsar wars. The stabbing of the tsar at the end of amerika and the thrill of having both series of canon fodder in reprint.

best collection of the decade

Nemesis the warlock....come on you fuckers admit it you thought I was going to say canon fodder didn't you?

best merchandise

hands down the case files wins this

underrated

with gavin on the comic as a whole

over-rated

I genuinly caouldn't think of anything I would consider over rat...oh yeah a.b.c. warriors...

best writer

john wagner with an honourable mention to al ewing

best artist

Colin MacNeil

worst thing

bison, valkyries, the meg the past three years, the eurocrash and indigo prime trades that wearn't complete take your pick

best thing

2000adonlines message boards oh and the entire rebellion gn collection aside from the two mentioned above

what I want for the next decade aka the larfleeze award

indigo prime

a good end for nikolai dante

more al ewing

more chris weston

the rebellion gn department to fix those two messed up trades

locustsofdeath!

ha, I did expect your post to be a Canon Fodder commercial. Nice list Monarch. Hope your brother is dong well.