Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Well, fair play to us.  It's looking like we're finally unhooking ourselves from the bishop's crozier.

http://www.rte.ie/news/vote2015/2015/0523/703205-referendum-byelection/
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Great to see. Here's hoping it can lead to a few more progressive policies, such as Ireland sorting out its draconian abortion laws.

ZenArcade

Good news on the referendum front. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Richmond Clements

JayzusB.Christ

Wonder what Beaky Smoochies woul have made of all this?  It's times like this I wish he was still around (mainly because I feel a sort of guiltily sadistic pleasure in seeing bigots reacts to being swamped by fairness and equaity).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Famous Mortimer

I've shed tears over this - imagine the generations of gay people either forced to live other lives or subject to all sorts of draconian laws, and now they've done what no country in the world has ever done. Well done Ireland!

ZenArcade

A poud moment indeed. Z

Taryn Tailz

I was astonished to learn that Ireland didn't decriminalise homosexuality until the 1990's. In that respect it's an amazing turn around to go from illegal to able to marry in the space of 25 years. Well done Ireland.

Professor Bear

This month the English voted to be ruled by elitist sociopaths.  Ireland voted to be fabulous.

We won again, Brits.  WE WON AGAIN.

IndigoPrime

Ireland voted to do what the UK (minus the Tea Party bit) had already done, and still has some of the most draconian abortion law around. I like Ireland and vehemently dislike the Tories, and I'm very happy Ireland is to update its constitution, but it's not a progressive utopia just yet.

Professor Bear

Brits got tossed a scrap from the table that can be taken away at any time much like a ban on fox hunting could, but the Paddies have it enshrined in their Constitution after a vote that clearly showed the majority of the country weren't secretly conservative jackasses.
I also still have high hopes that someone will snap over the water charges and murder some politicians, making Ireland even more progressive and pleasant to live in.

Also you may not want to take my comments so seriously.  Especially not that bit about murdering politicians in case you're reading this, MI5.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I was shocked when I read the news about Peter Robinson this morning. The man actually has a heart.
You may quote me on that.

ZenArcade

Yep he keeps it in a box in his dungeon. Z

The Legendary Shark

America is Behind ISIS: Washington Confesses to Backing "Questionable Actors" in Syria. Interesting article by Tony Cartalucci. What can't be controlled and exploited must be smashed then exploited?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Lesbian Seagull on 25 May, 2015, 12:15:12 PMI also still have high hopes that someone will snap over the water charges and murder some politicians, making Ireland even more progressive and pleasant to live in.

Don't hold your breath for Furiosa O'Toole to kill Denis O'Brien.