Main Menu

Recent posts

Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by NapalmKev - Today at 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: AlexF on Today at 04:22:55 PMOn Indigo Prime - was there ever a time in which the series was about Agents encountering and (attempting) to solve problems?

The series 'Killing Time' is exactly that. Without spoiling - two agents attempt to stop the end of a reality. It's self contained and is absolute Gold.

Cheers
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by sintec - Today at 04:34:56 PM
Yeah I think the curation has largely been spot on. A few books I've not enjoyed but that's par for the course with something like this. It really is shaping up to be a comprehensive collection of the comic. Just wish I'd managed to be a bit more patient and not tried to fill in the gaps earlier on as I'm ending up with a few dupes now. Definitely being more cautious with buying new books from Rebellion at the moment to avoid anymore of that.

The Out seems like another plausible candidate. Think there's enough of that to fill a book.
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 04:33:26 PM
There was always an element of corporate politics (and satirising that), but I don't recall it being to the degree it's impacted on Kek-W's version of the strip.
Last post by AlexF - Today at 04:22:55 PM
On Indigo Prime - was there ever a time in which the series was about Agents encountering and (attempting) to solve problems with reality, or has it always been about vairous politicking within/around the Agency itself? I do enjoy the madcap nature of Kek-W's imagination but I'm getting a bit bored of the boardroom antics of the over-arching plot here.
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by AlexF - Today at 04:17:59 PM
Funnily enough I recently discovered My Marvellous Year too, it's excellent - the hosts have that jokey/laughter-based dynamic that works so well for Fox and Conrad. I'm still listening back to teh end of year round-ups and have only made it to 1984 - long way to go!

I also should confess that my peak 'teen Marvel comics fandom' period was 1993, when Events such as Spider-Man Maximum Carnage and the X-cutioner's Song properly rocked my world. So no one should give any heed to any of my opinons about what is a good comic.
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 03:53:51 PM
I imagine Dreadnoughts is a cert, assuming the page count works. More broadly, exploring existing trades appears to be a good way to guess some of what's combing up, combined with completing (to whatever degree that's possible) existing strips.

On that latter point, I think the 2000 AD selection has done very well. It feels like a smartly curated set of books that cares about its fan base a whole lot more than other collections. It's perhaps unfair to gripe about the Marvel volumes (given the size of the catalogue compared to 2000 AD), but it was comparatively scattergun, leaving you with bits of arcs rather than the whole thing. And I recall the Transformers one bizarrely stopped not that long before it would have compiled the whole IDW run.

So hats off to Matt and whoever else has been making the decisions here. Although my straining bookshelves are perhaps a little less happy about all this.
Film & TV / Re: Apple TV Neuromancer Serie...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on Today at 03:06:56 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 April, 2024, 03:18:44 PMI can't remember where I heard the quote, which was about media, but it was "90% of everything is shit". And then there's Shogun.
Think that was pope John Paul II

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti, nonaginta centesimas omnium rerum stercore est. Amen.
Film & TV / Re: Apple TV Neuromancer Serie...
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 03:06:56 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 April, 2024, 03:18:44 PMI can't remember where I heard the quote, which was about media, but it was "90% of everything is shit". And then there's Shogun.
Think that was pope John Paul II
Last post by karlos - Today at 02:30:58 PM
What's in Anderson Psi Div N.W.O. ?
Last post by Tomwe - Today at 01:38:18 PM
Skip Tracer!
The Hershey series?
Feral & Foe?