Godzilla (2014)

Started by Goaty, 10 December, 2013, 06:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

TordelBack

Spaceghost

My God(zilla), this looks good.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Oh that was so awesome! Looks scary and great!

COMMANDO FORCES

That was enjoyable and I did like the nuclear tests backstory. One thing though, when the beast goes under the aircraft carrier with Billy on top and we see it through the water, surely with that amount of displacement of water underneath, it should have done a wee bit more disturbance to the ship ;)

James Stacey

It's a story about a giant nuclear mutated dinosaur. Your argument is invalid.

Dunk!

Godzilla is very porous until he needs not to be. Fact.
"Trust we"

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Goaty

Professor Bear

Is there an email address for the movie makers where I can tell them to stop making trailers and just take my damn money already?

M.I.K.

He's looking very reminiscent of the 1954 original on that Empire cover.

The Enigmatic Dr X

That is one of the best trailers I have seen for a while. I really want to see this. More than my boy - and he loves Godzilla!

Also, there's already merchandise for this in the shops. (And my house)
Lock up your spoons!

Radbacker

so this appears to kind of be a direct sequel to the original 50's Godzilla?
Either way it's got my $, I was wondering how they'd make this feel different to Pacific Rim, they answered with a 200m tall monster, nice move Legendary Pictures nice move.

CU Radbacker

Spaceghost

Not only that, but the feel of this is so different to Pacific Rim.

I had worried that Godzilla would be too similar and perhaps suffer by comparison, but the tone seems so different, I don't think that will be a worry.

Judging by the trailers, Godzilla is going for a bleak, human-centered disaster movie feel. Not a single whiff of the cheesy blockbusteryness that pervaded Pacific Rim.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Quote from: Spaceghost on 27 February, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
Not only that, but the feel of this is so different to Pacific Rim.

I had worried that Godzilla would be too similar and perhaps suffer by comparison, but the tone seems so different, I don't think that will be a worry.

Judging by the trailers, Godzilla is going for a bleak, human-centered disaster movie feel. Not a single whiff of the cheesy blockbusteryness that pervaded Pacific Rim.

Cloverfield?