Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: GordonR on 08 July, 2011, 10:06:07 AM
QuoteGaddafi Peterwolf is a paranoid idiot without the sense to fuck off when he should.

Fixed that for you, mate.

Now go and fix your face.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: vzzbux on 08 July, 2011, 10:03:10 PM
I suppose you could say Hitler had positives.
When Germany was on it's knees from the crippling reparations from the aftermath of WWI, he rose to power and literally turned them round to one of the most powerful nations of the time.
Does that make what he did right? Did it fuck.
People like that should never have power and there are far too many today with those kind of tendencies leading countries.
You need to look at the over all person rather than spouting out small positives.

This isn't directed at anyone it is just input from reading four pages of mayhem.

V

reductio ad hitlerum:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
You may quote me on that.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 08 July, 2011, 09:58:34 PM
As it was you who i called thick then i sincerely apologise.
Apology not accepted.

You also said that I couldn't read plain English, could only see things in simplified, black and white polarised terms, wasn't interested in the subject*, had a simplistic, "sanctomonious" (sic) view of things and hadn't bothered to look anything up. None of which is even remotely true.

Neither is any of this....

Calling you thick/stupid was a result of having to repeat myself as in having my patience tried as in others as well as yourself claiming that i didnt or havent listed any positives when i had already listed them along with the frustration of being misunderstood that was partly wilful.You even read them and then said i hadnt listed them.I didnt get the impression that you didnt understand anything.

When did I say you hadn't listed them? Are you backing up your paranoia with hallucinations now?

And how in hell would understanding things but ignoring or misinterpreting them on purpose make me thick? A bit of a git, maybe, but not stupid. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

I'm done here. You've wandered too far into the town of Doolally. No point talking to someone who changes reality to justify their outlook.

* Bit rich that you'd have a problem with someone commenting on something they have no interest in anyway, given your past history.  "I don't really care as it's not something I'm interested in" was pretty much all you seemed to say at one point.

The Legendary Shark

This is excellent - humanity in microcosm. The people of the world are facing great challenges as war, debt and tyranny threaten to engulf us and all we can do is snipe at one another over details.

Maybe, and this is just a wild thought, we* should start putting our heads together instead of banging them together?

*We as in humanity in general, not just on this thread.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Go smoke some pot, ya gruddam hippie shark  ;P
You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

I think this whole thread is a ruse so peterwolf can get to 10000 posts in the fastest time possible.

LARF

At the next con just have a big fight, It'll be great, just like wrestling in the eighties.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: pops1983 on 08 July, 2011, 11:57:40 PM
Go smoke some pot, ya gruddam hippie shark  ;P

You do realise that what you're suggesting is illegal under statute law? However, as statute laws are laws enacted by a government elected by consent and therefore laws of consent I can refuse to be bound by them if I so choose (so long as I cause no harm, loss or injury to others under Common Law).

Convoluted legal argument in place. Now, where's me bong?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: M.I.K. on 08 July, 2011, 11:02:55 PM
As it was you who i called thick then i sincerely apologise.
Apology not accepted.

You also said that I couldn't read plain English, could only see things in simplified, black and white polarised terms, wasn't interested in the subject*, had a simplistic, "sanctomonious" (sic) view of things and hadn't bothered to look anything up. None of which is even remotely true.

Neither is any of this....

Calling you thick/stupid was a result of having to repeat myself as in having my patience tried as in others as well as yourself claiming that i didnt or havent listed any positives when i had already listed them along with the frustration of being misunderstood that was partly wilful.You even read them and then said i hadnt listed them.I didnt get the impression that you didnt understand anything.

When did I say you hadn't listed them? Are you backing up your paranoia with hallucinations now?

And how in hell would understanding things but ignoring or misinterpreting them on purpose make me thick? A bit of a git, maybe, but not stupid. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

I'm done here. You've wandered too far into the town of Doolally. No point talking to someone who changes reality to justify their outlook.

* Bit rich that you'd have a problem with someone commenting on something they have no interest in anyway, given your past history.  "I don't really care as it's not something I'm interested in" was pretty much all you seemed to say at one point.

Here are your comments:

Cut and pasted as i cant backtrack that far when quoting:

Re: "Truth? You can't handle the truth!"
« Reply #540 on: 07 July, 2011, 12:16:21 AM »

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 06 July, 2011, 11:58:58 PM

As for dictators i wouldnt support any dictator by default like i didnt support Saddam Hussein and if it was North Korea i wouldnt support KimJungIl but because Gadaffi and the Gadaffi regime have positive aspects i support them on that basis but not on the basis of abuses of power.

Okay... What are the positive aspects?
Report to moderator   Logged
http://malcolmkirk.blogspot.com/

That implies that you hadnt read my previous comments or couldnt understand plain english.No paranoia or hallucinations

There it is and that was well after i had already listed them and theres more than that.If you want to nitpick then you have come to the right place for it.Someone else also claimed that i hadnt listed any positives yet they are there further up the thread.

Alternatively you and the other had not read the previous comments.

You can reject the apology if you like but the fact is i still apologised.and the fact that you are overly concerned and slighted over being called thick says a lot about in the fact you wouldnt let it lie.I have been called far worse far more times yets its water off a ducks back to me.Get a thick skin instead of being delicate and easily slighted or dont get in the ring.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

M.I.K.

It's not being called thick I don't like, Peter, you delusional twat. It's being told that I said, did or thought something which I did not.

Now piss off. I've got to go save the world or something.

The Legendary Shark

I seem to remember posting a link to some Gadaffi positives. Ah yes, here it is...

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 July, 2011, 12:23:55 AM
President Museveni cites positives for Gaddafi:  http://rosebellkagumire.com/2011/03/21/part-two-president-museveni-cites-positives-for-gaddafi/

This article talks about:

1: Gaddafi has had an independent foreign policy. "Muammar Gaddafi, whatever his faults, is a true nationalist."

2: Pursued Fair oil prices

3: Growth, infrastructure and employment creation. "Is the conflict in Libya economic or purely political?"

4: Gaddafi's secularism and women's rights

Certainly not a Nobel Peace Prize candidate like the weasely mass-murdering corporate puppet Barry Soetoro but certainly no Stalin, either. An interesting article entitled "Why Gaddafi's Crimes Look Worse Than Gbagbo's" at http://allafrica.com/stories/201103220249.html postulates that Gadaffi is over-demonized by the west because of his alleged involvement in the deaths of white people. If he'd killed a million blacks, we wouldn't give a damn about him.

To quote a line from the TV show "The West Wing" that has always stuck with me; "Why is the life of an American worth more than the life of a foreigner?"  "I don't know, but it is."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 July, 2011, 12:42:13 AMAn interesting article entitled "Why Gaddafi's Crimes Look Worse Than Gbagbo's" at http://allafrica.com/stories/201103220249.html postulates that Gadaffi is over-demonized by the west because of his alleged involvement in the deaths of white people. If he'd killed a million blacks, we wouldn't give a damn about him.

I don't think race has very much to do with it, (the west does not consist entirely of white folk), but it stands to reason that people are going to be a bit more concerned with things happening right on their doorstep, (almost literally, in some cases).

The Legendary Shark

I agree. However, I also think that evil, like beauty, is largely in the eye of the beholder.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

...and sometimes it's the same thing.

(I seem to have turned into Philip Marlowe. I do apologise).

Emp

I remember now why i don't venture in here!